News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

DADT, yes, again

Started by Adios, December 15, 2010, 10:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eve

QuoteIn the end, it is not our military that protects this country but the Almighty God's blessing upon our military as well as our shores and borders. It's His laws and moral code that this nation was founded on and our acceptance of them has been why we've been blessed. We are not a special people ; He's the one who is special. Do citizens of other nations declare allegiance to be "under God" as we do? Does the passage of this bill honor HIm? To me, it seems serving self-interest.

Guess we've been doing it wrong!

Sarcasm aside, it's about fucking time we move forward one baby step. I can only hope this means they'll finally come out with rainbow colored uniform options ASAP. Too bad it won't actually end up meaning anything.. I expect reported-assaults-within-military stats to rise over the next year.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

BadBeast

They could hand out these fabulous pink Japanese "Miss Kitty" special issue rifles to everyone. Yanno? As a welcome gesture.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Faust

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on December 18, 2010, 09:15:24 PM
Quotefemales are a major burden on the military

Thanks gunsteafreedom, I had no idea.  :winner:

I thought Major Burden was a guy.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Bruno

Quote from: Faust on December 19, 2010, 12:49:54 AM
Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on December 18, 2010, 09:15:24 PM
Quotefemales are a major burden on the military

Thanks gunsteafreedom, I had no idea.  :winner:

I thought Major Burden was a guy.

You sure you're not thinking of Birdo?
Formerly something else...

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

BadBeast

Quote from: StoreBrand on December 19, 2010, 01:19:28 AM
The Chinese have a uniform to go with those guns...
http://personal.amy-wong.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/china-60-years-03.jpg

Wow! A Synchronised Army of sexy robo-chinky-chicks, in natty red Uniforms,  shiny white Cowboy boots,  all armed with SMG's?  I'm sure I had that idea first, as a fantasy, and never told anyone about it!
**Get out of my head, you clairvoyant Communist fantasy thieves!**  :argh!:   :tinfoilhat:
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Storebrand

lol, it's hard to see in that picture but those uniforms are PINK, not red.  And those look like gogo boots to me.  It's amazing.

BadBeast

Quote from: StoreBrand on December 19, 2010, 03:50:39 AM
lol, it's hard to see in that picture but those uniforms are PINK, not red.  And those look like gogo boots to me.  It's amazing.
Do you think they march into battle like that?
(Almost worth going to War with them)

Storebrand

Aw, sorry.  Civilian Reserve, I think.

BadBeast

That's OK, I can be civil if I have to.
On closer inspection, they don't look Chinese at all. Note the pointed ears, and haircuts. First, I thought they might be Vulcans, but Vulcans aren't so Militaristic, so that just leaves the Romulans. And the only Romulans who would dare to all turn up to the same Gig, in the same clothes would be the Special Romulan Elite Military Intelligence Corps,  the T'al Shiar!  (Do you think the Chinese know they have been infiltrated by Romulan fifth columnists?) It wasn't in the last Wikileaks burst, because I always specifically check for any Romulan activity. The Cardassian takeover of the Vatican City was bad enough, but this? Could mean trouble!

Cain

Quote from: Eve on December 18, 2010, 09:58:12 PM
QuoteIn the end, it is not our military that protects this country but the Almighty God's blessing upon our military as well as our shores and borders. It's His laws and moral code that this nation was founded on and our acceptance of them has been why we've been blessed. We are not a special people ; He's the one who is special. Do citizens of other nations declare allegiance to be "under God" as we do? Does the passage of this bill honor HIm? To me, it seems serving self-interest.

Guess we've been doing it wrong!

Stalin had a saying applicable to this situation which, with a minor twist, could be perfectly used here:

"The Almighty God?  How many legions does he have?"

Also, I am surprised.  First, that this actually passed the Senate without Collins pulling another Spectacular Procedural Stunt.  Second, the major cheerleader of this was otherwise major asshole supreme Joe Lieberman.

Now we just gotta see what Obama does.  On the one hand, it was passed with what was clear majority support from the Senate.  On the other hand, Obama only ever capitulates to Republicans.  How he triangulates this is very hard to say, though I'm leaning towards him signing it, if only because the vote from the LBGT has gone down considerably from 2008*, and Obama now has to worry about being a single term President.

*See?  What the fuck have I been saying all this time?  Leverage, people.  It's Negotiation 101.

Adios

Quote from: BadBeast on December 19, 2010, 01:34:22 AM

Wow! A Synchronised Army of sexy robo-chinky-chicks, in natty red Uniforms,  shiny white Cowboy boots,  all armed with SMG's?  I'm sure I had that idea first, as a fantasy, and never told anyone about it!
**Get out of my head, you clairvoyant Communist fantasy thieves!**  :argh!:   :tinfoilhat:

I SURRENDER! SPANK ME?

BadBeast

Quote from: Charley Brown on December 19, 2010, 03:56:29 PM
Quote from: BadBeast on December 19, 2010, 01:34:22 AM

Wow! A Synchronised Army of sexy robo-chinky-chicks, in natty red Uniforms,  shiny white Cowboy boots,  all armed with SMG's?  I'm sure I had that idea first, as a fantasy, and never told anyone about it!
**Get out of my head, you clairvoyant Communist fantasy thieves!**  :argh!:   :tinfoilhat:

I SURRENDER! SPANK ME?
^^^"Look, Glorious Comrade-Sisters,^^^ See the soft, corrupt underberry of Imperiarist Capitarism"^^^!

LMNO

Well, it passed and got signed.

Although I'm psyched there's been another step forward in equality, "the right to be killed in a desert for no meaningful reason" doesn't exactly thrill me.