News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

Taking a break from studying to bring you this.

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 14, 2010, 04:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: Jenne on December 15, 2010, 09:47:56 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on December 15, 2010, 06:17:29 PM
Quote from: Jenne on December 15, 2010, 05:14:38 PM
IT'S KARAOKE!  YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO SING WELL!  :argh!:   Totally defeats the purpose if you sing well.

That said, the choice is kinda "off."  Blueberry Hill?  Really?

I don't know about it defeating the purpose if you sing well...

BAH!  Are you one of those who karaokes for the sake of competition?  I find that no fun.  If you need a new bucket, it's ok to apply!  That's what makes it fun.  But ymmv.

Nothing wrong with being able to actually sing well and do karaoke for enjoyment. Just so long as said good singer doesn't shit talk the drunken slured singing that always happens.

Precious Moments Zalgo

What the heck was that?  Why were all those movie stars from the 80's watching Vladimir Putin sing Blueberry Hill?
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Jenne

Quote from: TGB on December 16, 2010, 01:09:27 AM
IT'S KARAOKE!  YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO SING WELL!  :argh!:   Totally defeats the purpose if you sing well.

BAH!  Are you one of those who karaokes for the sake of competition?  I find that no fun.  If you need a new bucket, it's ok to apply!  That's what makes it fun.  But ymmv.

Nothing wrong with being able to actually sing well and do karaoke for enjoyment. Just so long as said good singer doesn't shit talk the drunken slured singing that always happens.

I can dig that.  Thing is, people who CAN sing usually ESCHEW karaoke because they are somehow ABOVE all that shit.  (yeah, uhuh)  And those who DON'T eschew tend to make a sick competition out of it, like those damned at-home karaoke machines that motherfucking RATE your performance.  WRONG.  BADWRONG.

I can't wait to go to the Korean karaoke houses near me.  We're doin' it for mah birfday next year ('11), but that's in June.  *sniff*  Far away!

Don Coyote

Quote from: Jenne on December 16, 2010, 03:27:15 AM
Quote from: TGB on December 16, 2010, 01:09:27 AM

I can dig that.  Thing is, people who CAN sing usually ESCHEW karaoke because they are somehow ABOVE all that shit.  (yeah, uhuh)  And those who DON'T eschew tend to make a sick competition out of it, like those damned at-home karaoke machines that motherfucking RATE your performance.  WRONG.  BADWRONG.

I can't wait to go to the Korean karaoke houses near me.  We're doin' it for mah birfday next year ('11), but that's in June.  *sniff*  Far away!

Really? My personal experience was lots of people who are good at singing enjoying karaoke because they enjoy singing, and going out of their way to make sure everyone felt welcome behind the mic. And there were lots of badbadbaaaaaaad drunks singing too, but it didn't matter because that is part of karaoke too.

Rumckle

IMO, what makes someone good at Karaoke isn't their singing ability, it is their stage presence, because no-one really goes to karaoke to listen to people sing.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Rumckle on December 16, 2010, 06:17:38 AM
IMO, what makes someone good at Karaoke isn't their singing ability, it is their stage presence, because no-one really goes to karaoke to listen to people sing.
I did. My friends went to sing, an I went to listen.

Jenne

THIS.  Hells to the yes.

Quote from: TGB on December 16, 2010, 06:21:17 AM

YUO = THE EXCEPTION TO (well, this particular) RULE

Don Coyote

Quote from: Jenne on December 16, 2010, 03:00:21 PM

THIS.  Hells to the yes.

Quote from: TGB on December 16, 2010, 06:21:17 AM

YUO = THE EXCEPTION TO (well, this particular) RULE

I would say that most people at the karaoke bars I went to were there to enjoy the singing, even if they were also going to sing.

Kai

I think I'm pretty good at singing. And I like doing Karaoke for that reason.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish