News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

Attn: Guitar spags

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 17, 2010, 05:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Have you seen this site before? I just found it today and think I just found my new video game. Also this counts as technology.

http://pedalboardplanner.com/
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Phox

Quote from: Doktor Blight on December 17, 2010, 05:08:38 AM
Have you seen this site before? I just found it today and think I just found my new video game. Also this counts as technology.

:fap:

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Doktor Phox on December 17, 2010, 05:10:34 AM

:fap:

Inorite?  :D

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Doktor Phox on December 17, 2010, 05:08:20 AM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on December 17, 2010, 05:00:30 AM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on December 17, 2010, 04:56:22 AM
Directed at no one in particular: It's not unrequited (it is, in fact, very much requited), it's "forbidden". Did I mention her super-fundamentalist-Christian parents? On the whole, it's not really a bad situation. We've been spending a lot of time together, and I'm currently happy with our relationship where it stands. I don't really think I'm ready to move on to a new relationship yet anyway, since it's not even been a week since I broke it off with my fiancée.

Epimethus: Thanks, I do.

Blight: I personally don't care much for Marshalls. My former bandmate had a half-stack I absolutely fucking hated. I have no idea why.

S/he probably just couldn't dial in a good tone. Dethklok uses Marshalls, except in Season 1. As does, Maiden, Spinal Tap, and well, 50% of all metalheads  :lulz:

It wasn't the tone that was the problem. I think it may have been because it fucked with the stage setup. Or the aesthetics, or... I don't know. I really do not have a good reason to dislike them.

ETA: Wasn't, damnit!  :argh!:

Just so as not to derail, I started up a new thread called Attn: Guitar spags. Will post thought there.

Hmm, your edit screwed up my thought. What was the stage set up like?

Phox

Quote from: Doktor Blight on December 17, 2010, 05:13:15 AM
Directed at no one in particular: It's not unrequited (it is, in fact, very much requited), it's "forbidden". Did I mention her super-fundamentalist-Christian parents? On the whole, it's not really a bad situation. We've been spending a lot of time together, and I'm currently happy with our relationship where it stands. I don't really think I'm ready to move on to a new relationship yet anyway, since it's not even been a week since I broke it off with my fiancée.

Blight: I personally don't care much for Marshalls. My former bandmate had a half-stack I absolutely fucking hated. I have no idea why.

S/he probably just couldn't dial in a good tone. Dethklok uses Marshalls, except in Season 1. As does, Maiden, Spinal Tap, and well, 50% of all metalheads  :lulz:

It wasn't the tone that was the problem. I think it may have been because it fucked with the stage setup. Or the aesthetics, or... I don't know. I really do not have a good reason to dislike them.

Just so as not to derail, I started up a new thread called Attn: Guitar spags. Will post thought there.

We never really settled on one before we split. His fucking half stack was the crux of 98.2% of the arguments around who/what would be where.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Doktor Phox on December 17, 2010, 05:15:27 AM

We never really settled on one before we split. His fucking half stack was the crux of 98.2% of the arguments around who/what would be where.

Ah. I'm guessing more that it's the user rather than the equipment. Bad associations. I'm guessing that his was the largest amp in the band?

Phox

Quote from: Doktor Blight on December 17, 2010, 05:19:50 AM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on December 17, 2010, 05:15:27 AM

Ah. I'm guessing more that it's the user rather than the equipment. Bad associations. I'm guessing that his was the largest amp in the band?

Yup. But he's not a bad guy, and we were decently good friends even afterwards. That was before he flipped for the blow, but eh.

Nephew Twiddleton

I had to screenshot and edit 2 pedals in since they weren't in the app (DOD Ice Box Chorus and a Boss NS-2 as opposed to the NS-1), but here is basically what my pedalboard looks like and how it is wired and configured (might be a bit off since I'm relying on memory and it's at the practice space instead of my room). Naturally, playing around on this site it was much much larger in simulation when I found the site.

Reasonable facsimile of Flying Circus:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hey nerds,

What kind of really cheap amp should I get for my 11-year-old son who asked for one? I am a broke-ass single mom.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel on December 17, 2010, 08:29:02 AM
Hey nerds,

What kind of really cheap amp should I get for my 11-year-old son who asked for one? I am a broke-ass single mom.

That depends. What kind of music does he listen to and what kind of guitar does he have?

ETA: and what is your price cap?

Salty

A Minty Amp!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS0dCJzINW0
Cute l'il amp!
You can even buy the kit cheap and he can use a tin he finds and make it himself. AND they have belts so you can wear the damned thing.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Alty on December 17, 2010, 08:58:05 AM
A Minty Amp!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS0dCJzINW0
Cute l'il amp!
You can even buy the kit cheap and he can use a tin he finds and make it himself. AND they have belts so you can wear the damned thing.

Thank you, Alty. I was getting a bit nerdy there.

Nigel- you should checkout the following websites:
guitarcenter.com
music123.com
musiciansfriend.com

Click on amps, sort low to high and browse. It will give you a general idea of what you're looking for, and will give you a price cap.

LMNO

The site is useless.  Doesn't support ElectroHarmonix. 

LMNO
-Big Muff, Memory Man, Electric Mistress, Black Finger

AFK

I use Danelectro pedals for my Danelectro guitars. 

I also have a ZOOM effect pedal, forget which one but I've had it for a while.  It's pretty versatile for my needs.

Ampwise I just have a dinky little Fender amp.  Need to upgrade someday. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Blight on December 17, 2010, 08:52:15 AM
Quote from: Nigel on December 17, 2010, 08:29:02 AM
Hey nerds,

That depends. What kind of music does he listen to and what kind of guitar does he have?

ETA: and what is your price cap?

Prices are important. Guitar Center is good, Sam Ash is meh...
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."