News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

When you have memory problems, Past You makes things fucking weird

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, October 29, 2016, 09:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

I just had Facebook remind me of a forgotten poem from EXACTLY 5 years ago.

I and you, embers living for hours
The slow lick, fiery tongue on hot coal
No flame this, warm sweetness and shadow
Slow moments, crawling as wood meets it's match
Completeness, a burning without concern of loss
Now timeless, you and I burn eternal as we part

This was WAY before I even started willing pursuing poetry as the muse strikes. I'm almost weirded out by the intensity of it, but kinda proud of forgotten past-me!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just found a drunk note to myself in my desk. It says:

"If you know what and how to sell things, you can tell social scientists what to study, by writing about what you want to know".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: LMNO on November 11, 2016, 01:27:00 PM
I should start writing drunk things.

Just don't FB and drink for now. I suspect sobriety has fled and folks now have a proxy to get angry through, but mostly under real names. Going to be fun to see the PROFOUND info powers of the various "intelligence" agencies come under Donnie's perview, well his people anyway. Other than having an apocalyptic nazi cult influence the most unlikely of executives ever to sit in office this worries me most. He's the kind of guy to delegate and just want "summaries" from his own trusted few. He will probably never truly know half of what he signs off on and what he might willingly and knowingly greenlight under seal is bad enough for bedtime consideration, let alone what he may never hear of directly or incidentally support.

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

LMNO

I appreciate the advice.

You may not know me that well, but it's appreciated, nonetheless.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: LMNO on November 11, 2016, 06:14:05 PM
I appreciate the advice.

You may not know me that well, but it's appreciated, nonetheless.

Fair warning intended only. Folk do as they will these days and I respect that in the way I would respect any other dangerous thing in the common folk. In your case, and a great many others here, I'm most interested to see the results. I don't drink much myself, but after seeing several folks I once had respect for there on FB playing their Trumps all loud while the shit goes down all over the country I'm thinking it's time to take the muse rather SERIOUSLY for a while. Whatever I happen to have left really.

Did you know that I can SING LIKE HELL and have nothing but a few drops of divine rage left keeping me going?True fact. I could just spit nails.  :evilmad:

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

FB sent me this one this morning. Again exactly 5 years ago to the day.

like all things it's done
in every way complete
a ruin with purpose made
stones fit for re-building
I will shed my world
I will start again
I will become the maker
I will make the stones fit right

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl