News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

HEY PORTLANDIANS

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, December 17, 2010, 03:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Nigel on January 21, 2011, 08:25:17 PM
Quote from: Rip City Hustle on January 21, 2011, 08:17:44 PM
She used to be in Sleater-Kinney. She was part of that 2nd wave of Olympia indy-schlock that mostly seemed to end up on K Records.

I'm pretty indifferent about her musical endeavors, I just hate her because she's a terrible person. But my interactions with her back in the day were probably influenced by the typical cultural antipathy between the Everett scumdogs and the Olympia granola-punk crowd.

Yeah, I know she used to be in a band called Sleater-Kinney. After the road. I've never actually heard this band and am mostly amazed that anyone remembers or knows the name of someone who was in a semi-popular band in the NW in the 90's. Let alone has actual feelings about someone who is pretty much completely irrelevant to their lives. She must have a spectacularly intense personality, to be that memorable.

1. In my misguided youth, I spent alot of time and effort trying to appear to effortlessly be one of the cool "rock/punk scene kids" and I was in a crappy band, so I met alot of otherwise forgettable people in otherwise forgettable bands in the Puget Sound area in the 90s and early aughts.

2. Yes, she does. Incredibly twunty.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: hirley0 on January 21, 2011, 08:48:57 PM

20091221 M flood t70bhg

20091221 rev20 359a43o

Hey Nop, where is this? It looks amazing!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on January 21, 2011, 11:17:48 PM
Quote from: Nigel on January 21, 2011, 08:25:17 PM
Quote from: Rip City Hustle on January 21, 2011, 08:17:44 PM
She used to be in Sleater-Kinney. She was part of that 2nd wave of Olympia indy-schlock that mostly seemed to end up on K Records.

I'm pretty indifferent about her musical endeavors, I just hate her because she's a terrible person. But my interactions with her back in the day were probably influenced by the typical cultural antipathy between the Everett scumdogs and the Olympia granola-punk crowd.

Yeah, I know she used to be in a band called Sleater-Kinney. After the road. I've never actually heard this band and am mostly amazed that anyone remembers or knows the name of someone who was in a semi-popular band in the NW in the 90's. Let alone has actual feelings about someone who is pretty much completely irrelevant to their lives. She must have a spectacularly intense personality, to be that memorable.

1. In my misguided youth, I spent alot of time and effort trying to appear to effortlessly be one of the cool "rock/punk scene kids" and I was in a crappy band, so I met alot of otherwise forgettable people in otherwise forgettable bands in the Puget Sound area in the 90s and early aughts.

2. Yes, she does. Incredibly twunty.

Rockstar bitches in their twenties are always cunts. She must be about my age... I'm fairly impressed by how good she looks for 40.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Really?

I think she's hideous. I also think that just being in Olympia makes anyone automatically 15% less attractive.

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

hirley0

--V---------20120404------------V------- SOLAR suiteCASE kids
,,,,,,,,,,,,  ,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,
--^---------20120404----------^--------- this should end THIS

"============20111025================"
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
"============20111025================"

0825 J.C./NK 16lbthj

0818 2665abd 2ngu22o

0818 2665 A. 5x8lcp

0818 2665 ob hs6t60

0818 65 equwl3

0818 #26 302vrxf

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on January 22, 2011, 06:41:12 PM
Really?

I think she's hideous. I also think that just being in Olympia makes anyone automatically 15% less attractive.

Have you seen what most Americans look like by the time they reach 40? She's got a better body than I do. I guess I don't have any built-in dislike factor though.

hirley0

0808 2birds 182nub

0730 ch93-43 crack dxgryq

728 na2 2hzvk7
{IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/10xeyyu.jpg[/img]
0725 .kr 10xeyyu  :mrgreen:

LMNO

Ok, so I watched Portlandia, and it's pretty much the Fred Armisen show, which is either good or bad, depending on how much you like his humor.  Carrie is listed as a contributing writer, but I dunno how much she really does.

There were some funny bits.  The opening number was pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVmq9dq6Nsg

hirley0

0601 city council 3

0509 H2SO4 ICE CORE 15s63wg

NASCC/R1 25i3x4y

qak\y=8 mkarno

4/25 u2 Q8+Pe vh9blz

4/23 Uu 207xmow

Jasper

I am 24 and what is this.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 24, 2011, 01:33:13 PM
Ok, so I watched Portlandia, and it's pretty much the Fred Armisen show, which is either good or bad, depending on how much you like his humor.  Carrie is listed as a contributing writer, but I dunno how much she really does.

There were some funny bits.  The opening number was pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVmq9dq6Nsg
The dream of the 90s is alive in Portland... Portland... Portland...

Damn it! Now I have it stuck in my head again.  :argh!:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

LMNO

"All the hot girls wear glasses... yeah."

hirley0

NAazalia 206xus0

F0 2a5kci1

? 2ecqmpx

? 2pz0byo

Navy yes 'Sum there are more to COME

hirley0

"am 24 " yeah? yeah O by o Parsley, it stILL arouses, YES it does as far as 24 ? F ?/?

jq0ps6

pa101  114o7tcx

- q2 29xgljs

moonmath 2lmmpdu

0515 City Council 3 2nsn4w

Jenne

This makes me want to make another trip up Norff.  I've seen Seattle and environs (and across the pond, too, in WA state) twice, but not good, up-close and personal contact with OR.