News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

A problem I have never encountered before, and have no experience with.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 17, 2010, 08:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Golf destroys your back.  I've known people who have been to very bad days in Iraq, have come home and spent weeks avidly mashing the snot out of others in armor, blown down every highway on rice - fueled crotch rockets, and then incapacitated themselves trying to play 9 holes.

I don't know what to say except some places jsut don't have utilities that include hot and cold running assholes.  Give them time.

Is their likeability a worry at all, as far as keeping weirdness from happening around the homestead?
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Richter on December 17, 2010, 08:59:23 PM
Golf destroys your back.  I've known people who have been to very bad days in Iraq, have come home and spent weeks avidly mashing the snot out of others in armor, blown down every highway on rice - fueled crotch rockets, and then incapacitated themselves trying to play 9 holes.

I don't know what to say except some places jsut don't have utilities that include hot and cold running assholes.  Give them time.

Is their likeability a worry at all, as far as keeping weirdness from happening around the homestead?

I just don't feel right without a warm, personal enemy close to home.   :sad:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Richter

Does the golf course have a pet "Pro" player?  They can be one of those fine, self loathing types.  Better at their sport than anyone in the area, but worse than anyone who REALLY gets around at it, accutely aware of that fact, and channeling it into fastidious adherance to course rules, or need to be snide about their skill.   
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Richter on December 17, 2010, 09:20:44 PM
Does the golf course have a pet "Pro" player?  They can be one of those fine, self loathing types.  Better at their sport than anyone in the area, but worse than anyone who REALLY gets around at it, accutely aware of that fact, and channeling it into fastidious adherance to course rules, or need to be snide about their skill.   

The type that is tragically almost good enough to be a pro?

Don't know yet.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Juana

You'd love my neighborhood. To the left is an awesome older couple, but on the right is a massive fucking douche bag. Anger issues, destroyed his trees by topping and de-limbing them because he didn't want to pick up after them, and has threatened to shoot my older dog for standing on his lawn for 2.5 seconds. Dude's kids were inside and he CAME OUT to tell us to get our dog off his lawn or he'd shoot him. We call him the Yahoo.
Across the street are the Dukes of Hazard. Umpteen beaten up cars, a retarded-looking dune buggy, squalling grand-brats, and they yell at each other a lot.
Down the street is a couple with musical Christmas lights. They turn them on in the evening and turn them off in the morning, so "Rocking around the Christmas Tree" and a handful of other horrid Christmas songs play alllll niiiiight long.

I'm sure you'll find a target for your hate, Roger.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Don Coyote

Quote from: Nigel on December 17, 2010, 08:36:09 PM
:lulz: I love your neighbors!

Roger, there's only one thing to do. Band together and start a neighborhood feud with the next neighborhood over.

DO EEEEETTT

Epimetheus

Quote from: TGB on December 17, 2010, 11:17:22 PM
Quote from: Nigel on December 17, 2010, 08:36:09 PM
:lulz: I love your neighbors!

Roger, there's only one thing to do. Band together and start a neighborhood feud with the next neighborhood over.

DO EEEEETTT

seconded
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 17, 2010, 08:16:22 PM
So what the hell do I do?  I can't really enjoy myself unless I have at least one neighbor I can hate, bicker with, and engage in those feuds that live on in neighborhood lore, long after the participants are all dead.

Give it some time. Just because they live next to you doesn't mean they have to be your enemies, hey, *everybody* could by chance happen to live next to you, and it'd be odd to blame them for being good people, right? Fortunately, enemies have the tendency to make themselves known all by themselves, unlike (often) friends.

Also, I second Niamh's suggestion of joining the golf course, that sounds like a proper target-rich environment if anything!

Quote from: LMNOMrs LMNO and I keep to ourselves, pretty much... we're fairly isolationist with out housing.  But just the other day we got a flyer in our mailbox, addressed to "Childless Couple: Dude with Cool Hats and Girl with Great Hair", inviting us to a holiday party across the street.

Awwww that sounds sweet as hell!! You're the Dude with Cool Hats!! and "Great Hair" sounds like a rather generic compliment--unless your wife has extraordinary great hair i dunno--that they really want to get to know the Dude with Cool Hats! So be sure to wear an Extravagant Hat. It could be awesome (possibly counting on you to make it happen--why not?), and if it is boring, not too big of a loss, is it?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Adios

Relax Roger.

You simply haven't had a night on cactus on the back porch with your laptop and the mandatory attire. One night you will and while you are typing and screaming at the radio then I predict your worries will be groundless.

the last yatto

Can just see it now... Roger is put in charge of the neighborhood watch.
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Adios

When Roger does the above all he wears is engineer boots and a Stetson. I don't think he will be put in charge of any watch.

Richter

Prediction: local delinquents BEGGING for the police to taken them before Roger finds them.

There needs to be a pillory.