Started by Adios, December 18, 2010, 03:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epimetheus

Quote from: Pope Lecherous on December 20, 2010, 11:13:28 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 20, 2010, 08:30:31 PM
Quote from: Pope Lecherous on December 19, 2010, 11:54:41 PM
he's dead

Thank YOU, Sean Hannity.   :lulz:
Sean Hannity failed to cover the /b/tard that went to hunt down osama with a pistol and a sword.  you'd think he'd applaud his efforts.

:kingmeh:
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Prince Glittersnatch III

he's dead

Sean Hannity failed to cover the /b/tard that went to hunt down osama with a pistol and a sword.  you'd think he'd applaud his efforts.

Source? I dont believe it. No /b/tard has ever left his basement for that long.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Telarus on December 21, 2010, 12:44:33 AM
Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on December 20, 2010, 11:42:26 PM
he's dead

Source? I dont believe it. No /b/tard has ever left his basement for that long.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jun/15/us-man-quest-kill-bin-laden-pakistan

Where do you get that he was a /b/tard?
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Cain

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/21/world/asia/21intel.html?hp

QuoteSenior American military commanders in Afghanistan are pushing for an expanded campaign of Special Operations ground raids across the border into Pakistan's tribal areas, a risky strategy reflecting the growing frustration with Pakistan's efforts to root out militants there.

The proposal, described by American officials in Washington and Afghanistan, would escalate military activities inside Pakistan, where the movement of American forces has been largely prohibited because of fears of provoking a backlash.

The plan has not yet been approved, but military and political leaders say a renewed sense of urgency has taken hold, as the deadline approaches for the Obama administration to begin withdrawing its forces from Afghanistan.

America's clandestine war in Pakistan has for the most part been carried out by armed drones operated by the C.I.A. . . . But interviews in recent weeks revealed that on at least one occasion, the Afghans went on the offensive and destroyed a militant weapons cache.

The decision to expand American military activity in Pakistan, which would almost certainly have to be approved by President Obama himself, would amount to the opening of a new front in the nine-year-old war, which has grown increasingly unpopular among Americans. . . .
  • ne senior American officer said, "We've never been as close as we are now to getting the go-ahead to go across."

The officials who described the proposal and the intelligence operations declined to be identified by name discussing classified information.
I have my suspicions.  Filikins is a nice guy, and wrote one of the best books on the War on Terror (if you don't have The Forever War, buy or steal it now), but the Pentagon have unwittingly used him to leak misinformation before now.  And lets not forget how the Pentagon used journalists in the Gulf War to carry out a spectacular case of strategic deception.

I mean, it could be the case.  It could equally be the case this is being leaked to put pressure on Obama.  Or that lots of SF guys are being rolled out somewhere else - too many for it to stay hidden for long - and this is being used as the cover reason.

I guess we'll know more if a rash of bombings should mysteriously take place in the Pakistani tribal region in coming months.

The Good Reverend Roger

he's dead

This is evidence that OBL is dead...HOW, exactly?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Quote from: Cain on December 21, 2010, 05:38:32 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/21/world/asia/21intel.html?hp

QuoteSenior American military commanders in Afghanistan are pushing for an expanded campaign of Special Operations ground raids across the border into Pakistan's tribal areas, a risky strategy reflecting the growing frustration with Pakistan's efforts to root out militants there.

The proposal, described by American officials in Washington and Afghanistan, would escalate military activities inside Pakistan, where the movement of American forces has been largely prohibited because of fears of provoking a backlash.

The plan has not yet been approved, but military and political leaders say a renewed sense of urgency has taken hold, as the deadline approaches for the Obama administration to begin withdrawing its forces from Afghanistan.

America's clandestine war in Pakistan has for the most part been carried out by armed drones operated by the C.I.A. . . . But interviews in recent weeks revealed that on at least one occasion, the Afghans went on the offensive and destroyed a militant weapons cache.

The decision to expand American military activity in Pakistan, which would almost certainly have to be approved by President Obama himself, would amount to the opening of a new front in the nine-year-old war, which has grown increasingly unpopular among Americans. . . .
  • ne senior American officer said, "We've never been as close as we are now to getting the go-ahead to go across."

The officials who described the proposal and the intelligence operations declined to be identified by name discussing classified information.
I have my suspicions.  Filikins is a nice guy, and wrote one of the best books on the War on Terror (if you don't have The Forever War, buy or steal it now), but the Pentagon have unwittingly used him to leak misinformation before now.  And lets not forget how the Pentagon used journalists in the Gulf War to carry out a spectacular case of strategic deception.

I mean, it could be the case.  It could equally be the case this is being leaked to put pressure on Obama.  Or that lots of SF guys are being rolled out somewhere else - too many for it to stay hidden for long - and this is being used as the cover reason.

I guess we'll know more if a rash of bombings should mysteriously take place in the Pakistani tribal region in coming months.

It's like a cancer, it just keeps spreading. We have probably had black-ops going on in Pakistan for years.

Cain

Yes, and no.  Drone attacks were carried out under Bush, though far less than under Obama (change!) and the CIA does have its own paramilitary arm, but Special Forces were never given the go-ahead to infiltrate the country en masse.  Probably because of the not entirely ungrounded suspicion that bombing Pakistan and sending the military into Pakistan is basically an invasion of Pakistan and will no doubt make whatever government is in power about as popular as a shit sandwich, even if most Pakistanis would love to see those tribal regions retards strung up by their necks.

Adios

Would the Pakanstani attitude be different if it were an all British force that went in? I am unsure of the relations between the countries.

Cain

Possibly.  Though lately the relationship between the two has been strained by Cameron trying to look hardline against terrorism (and failing miserably and being forced to backpedal).

Mostly, Pakistanis want Pakistan to sort it's problems out.  Like most people around the world, they're nationalists.  Can you imagine the uproar if Mexico invaded America to stop the illegal gun trade that is currently supplying the cartels, which threaten both countries?  The issue with that is the military are more inclined to support Islamic fundamentalism than the average Pakistani citizen (General Zia provides a good history lesson here), and that means they aren't exactly fighting it with enthusiasm.

Adios

It seems that any occupation/invasion would have to begin with taking control of the nukes given the unrest and weakness of the government. That in itself could be a bigger problem than the effort is worth.

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 21, 2010, 05:41:05 PM
he's dead

no, just something unrelated. but he's dead though  :mrgreen:
--- War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope Lecherous on December 22, 2010, 01:12:01 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 21, 2010, 05:41:05 PM
he's dead

no, just something unrelated. but he's dead though  :mrgreen:

Because that's how you'd like to see the world?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Pope Lecherous

--- War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

The Good Reverend Roger