News:

I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

U.S. gathering data on U.S. citizens

Started by Adios, December 20, 2010, 03:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: Charley Brown on December 20, 2010, 03:28:17 PM
Other democracies - Britain and Israel, to name two - are well acquainted with such domestic security measures. But for the United States, the sum of these new activities represents a new level of governmental scrutiny.
http://projects.washingtonpost.com/top-secret-america/articles/monitoring-america/1/

Probably a safe bet to add the Netherlands to that list as well. We got more phone taps than the USA. In absolute numbers.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

All of you should be reading Antifascist Calling, if you're not already.  The author has been following the NSA power grab for the past two years almost, and sources his work well.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Cain on December 21, 2010, 04:46:05 PM
All of you should be reading Antifascist Calling, if you're not already.  The author has been following the NSA power grab for the past two years almost, and sources his work well.

By clicking on that link will I be put on some kind of list?
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

the last yatto

Yes,  anything that makes the state department's job harder is illegal unamerican.
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Adios

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Able on December 21, 2010, 06:51:08 PM
Yes,  anything that makes the state department's job harder is illegal unamerican.

Absolutely.  Because America wouldn't have it any other way.  If you think about it, a good chunk of your workday goes to paying these assholes.

They spy on you, you pay them for it.

They wreck the economy, you give them bonuses.

They have ridiculous wars that nobody can seem to explain, you foot the bill.

If America didn't want this sort of shit, they wouldn't keep buying it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on December 21, 2010, 06:32:03 PM
Quote from: Cain on December 21, 2010, 04:46:05 PM

By clicking on that link will I be put on some kind of list?

Dude, you probably put yourself on that list a while ago.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

I think Rhizome had an awesome rant along these lines btw.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

the last yatto

"The cell phone was an item (of personal property) on (Diaz's) person at the time of his arrest and during the administrative processing at the police station," the justices wrote. "Because the cell phone was immediately associated with defendant's person, (police were) entitled to inspect its contents without a warrant." 

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2011/01/court-cops-can-search-cell-phone-without-warrant.html
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Requia ☣

Can you password protect a smartphone?

Edit: And not have the smartphone company/cell carrier let the cops in for 20 bucks.  I know Dell lets the cops in to encrypted hard drives if they asked nicely.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Rumckle

I think iPhones have a simple password lock
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Fujikoma

Quote from: The Poster With No Name on December 21, 2010, 04:46:05 PM
All of you should be reading Antifascist Calling, if you're not already.  The author has been following the NSA power grab for the past two years almost, and sources his work well.

Bookmarked. Thanks. I've been looking for more places to get news besides the one I already use.

Cramulus