News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

ET CETERA DISCORDIA: FINALLY HERE

Started by Cramulus, December 21, 2010, 02:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/cramulus-/et-cetera-discordia/paperback/product-1pkg8gew.html?page=1&pageSize=4

IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S THE LATEST DISCORDIAN HOLYBOOK,
THE ET CETERA DISCORDIA

In 1958 or 1959 (we're not sure which), Eris, the Goddess of Confusion, sent an Emperor Penguin to a bowling alley in California. It appeared before Malaclypse the Younger and Lord Omar Khayyam Ravenhurst and inspired them to create the Discordian Society: a tribe of philosophers, theologians, magicians, scientists, artists, clowns, and similar maniacs.

The Et Cetera Discordia proudly celebrates 50th the anniversary of this prophetic vision. It is a collage of the funny, weird, and often profound writings and art created by numerous modern (and post-modern) Discordians. This book is an invitation to join them in exploring, celebrating, and remixing this strange and exciting century.

A bit of background: Triple Zero and I had this idea back in 2008. The original idea was to create a quick one-shot internet forum which gathered content for quick publication of a new Discordian text. So we threw THE PARTY AT LIMBO PEAK, an intentionally shortlived Internet forum, where people could post anonymously and then later unmask themselves at the end of the party. The project got out of control and we took a million years to finish it. And the finished product is a beautiful 128 page paperback, the latest addition to Grand and Glory Old Discordjia!

Paperback purchase and free ebook version is available RIGHT NOW.

:pax:

Epimetheus

YAY!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Question. Are the contents kopyleft in that I can spread them in public if I wanna?
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Cramulus

yes! It is released under an attribution-share alike license (with two exceptions, noted on the copyright page). And I hope you DO have your own adventures with this text - collage it, blow up quotes and staple them to trees, make your own version of it in a 3 ring binder so you can move pieces in and out, ET CETERA

If you're distributing stuff from it, and you're not sure who to credit, just point it to the ET CETERA DISCORDIA

Cramulus

Here's our KOPYLEFT page:

After you read this book, it will be in your head.

When you want to create something, you can use just about anything which is inside your head.
Unfortunately, some people believe that ideas are like objects - they think you can own them, and
through that ownership, control them.

In a legal sense, this is true. Mickey Mouse is featured prominently in my childhood memories, but I
do not have the freedom to draw upon those personal experiences in certain ways. I am not legally
allowed to create a new story about Mickey. If I draw him, I can't sell it or hang it up in a classroom.
Part of my imagination belongs to Disney.

In contrast, we are not guarding the information in this book. Unlike Disney, we accept that we
lose control of an idea as soon as it passes our lips. This book is yours. You may photocopy it to
your heart's content. You may cut out the pages and rearrange them. You may write new stuff
based on what you've read here. You can chuck it in a fire for all we care. We call it KopyLeft: All
Rites Reversed.

Malaclypse the Younger and Omar Khayyam Ravenhurst made their own holy book, called the
Principia Discordia. They filled it with words and images that resonated with them. Old ideas were
juxtaposed in a way which created new meaning. They invited all of us to the party. This is the
Strange Times and everybody gets to write their own Bible for a change. Even spags like you.
It's your head, after all. Do what you want with it.
(k) 2008-2009 All Rites Reversed

TABLE OF MALCONTENTS

Introduction                     00001
The Strange Times                      00009
TAZ Has Ugly, Retarded Cousin                      00015
Bare Minimum Black Iron Prison                      00016
Surviving in the Surveillance State                      00019
What if the Other Religions got it Right                      00027
How it Will Happen                      00029
Welcome to the Prison                      00031
Go Mindfuck Yourself                      00037
Hey Asshole                      00039
The Shrapnel Project                      00043
Pipe Bombs                      00047
Thoughts on Shrapnel                      00051
OMGASM                      00055
The Book of Dewlap                      00057
Myspace Monkeys                      00063
The Great Pope Joan                      00071
The Parable of Steve                      00075
Why I Put Up Posters                      00077
Cloved Lemon Kissing Game                      00081
Channelled Messages                      00083
Hearts and Minds                      00085
Evil Dead Boxset for Only 399                      00093
Once Upon a Prickle Prickle                      00097
Discordia 2009                      00099
Burroughs AOM Cutup 1                      00107
Discordians in History                      00113
Outroduction                      00119

AFK

Well, the first 12 pages look pretty cool.  I assume the rest do as well. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

What are you gonna do with the profits?

If I may make a suggestion, donate them to the PD.com server fund.

Cramulus

aye, I've pledged to make a donation to the PD server costs on behalf of the contributors.  :mrgreen:

LMNO

In that case, I think I will buy a copy.

hooplala

Me too.  But probably after the holidays.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

themenniss

I just spat Peach schnapps and lemonade EVERYWHERE.
I look forward to receiving my copy 8)
'I talk aloud to all those who listen. when nobody does, i talk aloud to myself.'

El Sjaako

:eek: 127MB? The server is fast enough though.

It looks good.

Choptop

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Charles Bukowski
"I've seen so many good people in my life that I've almost lost my faith in the wickedness of humankind." - Will Durant
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H. P. Lovecraft

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit