News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

ET CETERA DISCORDIA: FINALLY HERE

Started by Cramulus, December 21, 2010, 02:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

Kai

I've now read 80% of the book, and it is exactly what you all set out to do. Excellent work to all the contributors!
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Jasper

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Triple Zero

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ITS FINALLY DONE!!!!!!!!!! WOOT WOOT WOOT

Hey but um Cram? aren't you completely forgetting to credit Net in the OP? Seeing as he did a shitload of the layouting and graphics designing works? Or does he prefer his part to be anonymous? After all, I did participate in brainstorming and then setting up and running the short-forum, did a little bit of work on selecting and editing some texts, but after that it was 99% Cram and Net producing the AWESOME.

Regardless, I DEFINITELY MUST OWN A COPY!!! [will order very soon]
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

his wishes to remain an an anonymous shadowy mysterious figure. There's a tip of the hat to him in the Outro, but his identity is obscured.

Cramulus

I'm curious if there are any sections, pieces, illustrations that you guys dig in particular.

this book contains a lot of cut-ups and other forms of juxtapositional art. I'm curious if you guys have any impressions of those beyond "what is this, word salad?" -- hint: it's not traditional prose, but it's sure not word salad either!

the last yatto

I like my clipart pieces that I posted. The think of three of your friends one has nice layout

The book feels more like a cousin of PD then BIP (even with the cliffnotes)
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

themenniss

my copy arrived today. digging in for a highly nutritious 16:00hrs breakfast.

[EDIT]-I'LL WORK OUT WHAT ALL THIS MYSPACE MONKEYS BUSINESS SAYS IF IT KILLS ME!  :argh!:
'I talk aloud to all those who listen. when nobody does, i talk aloud to myself.'

Cramulus

WTF! Your copy arrived before mine did?? crazy bastard

I'm also looking for suggestions about how to get the word out, spread the good news that there's a new Discordian book out.

The 50th anniversary of Discordia passed and barely anybody noticed, this is my way of making sure the embers are still hot. Part of this means activating all the sleeper Discordians out there, both the ones that know of Her and the ones that don't know they're popes yet.

the last yatto

If ud host a kindle copy, I can put it on the misses new toy
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Cramulus

I have no idea how kindle formatting works

ETA: stored for later reference - some pithy copy

QuoteThe Et Cetera Discordia celebrates the 50th anniversary of Eris' return. It's a collage, a cut-up of essays, images, articles, rants, sermons, and koans, created by the contemporary Discordian Society. And it's freaking fantastic.

the last yatto

Might be a good idea to post this, pd and bip to Project gutenberg
Seems there's a converter to .mobi

Eta:
Nevermind it can manually convert it but its stored at full size and has to convert each page...

themenniss

Quote from: Cramulus on December 26, 2010, 11:04:07 PM
WTF! Your copy arrived before mine did?? crazy bastard

*engages smugface*
What's even worse is i live in the UK.
What has science done?
'I talk aloud to all those who listen. when nobody does, i talk aloud to myself.'