News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

ET CETERA DISCORDIA: FINALLY HERE

Started by Cramulus, December 21, 2010, 02:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ari

You guys do fucking awesome.
Thanks! This looks absolutely -tilt-
パンクビッチ

AFK

I fooled convinced at least one spag at this politics message board I frequent to download and read it.  I shall share any feedback/reviews. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

Great day over here on Et Cetera Island.

1. I finally got my hard copy. Soon I shall post glorious pix. I am excited as nine bitches on a bitch boat. Holding a REAL BOOK that you edited is COOL AS FUCK. Also the book itself is COOL AS FUCK.

2. Been bouncing mail back and forth with Wes Unruh, one of the authors of the Art of Memetics. At this point I've made two derivative works for the AOM - there's the cliff notes I started over in Literate Chaotic, and there's a cut-up of Burroughs and AOM in the Et Cetera Discordia. So I guess they've decided to relicense it - now it's Creative Commons-Attribution-Noncommercial instead of Creative Commons-Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivs. Which I think is extremely cool -- in my opinion derivatives are the most exciting thing about releasing your work into the creative commons.

He also wrote me this really nice note:
QuoteIt's really, really cool to see that text enfolded with the burroughs/gyson text -
seriously, I really dig this! it's very strange to me to realize how the ideas that started when I first read 'the ticket that exploded' back when I was still a teen have come full circle to be cut-up into the origin source.. more and more I've felt that working on The Art of Memetics has been like coaching a small, sentient entity and this is damn near conclusive proof that all the theory in TAOM is functionally alive, at least in my mind

:mrgreen:

:pax:

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cramulus

Jesus christ I'm totally gushing right now. This book came out so well. I'm holding the hard copy and flipping through it and I'm so happy with it. It's just what I always wanted to give to this world. A little peek at the Discordian society I always wished existed - and it DOES exist! And I'm helping will it into existence, but I'm only one hand on this big sculpture. It's not a very well known secret, that Eris has returned to this world, but now I own a little piece of that secret, and I'm so bottomlessly glad you awesome cats are in on it too.

Bwana Honolulu

Greetz, my dear fellow discordians. I just wanted to thank you for this wonderful piece of book. :retard: I just downloaded it and read the table of contents, and if the contents themselves are as good as this... hell yes! :thumb:
His Quasaric Sphericity Bwana Honolulu,
Supremest Commander of Suicide Commando Ω−,
Ruler of everything, everything else and nothing again,
Greatgrandpapapope and Metagodemperor in Zimmer523,
Grand Admiracle of the mounted naval cavalry at sea,
Reichsminister für Popularpodicifikation,
Keeper of the holy Q.

Cramulus

:mrgreen: thanks from all of us, hope you dig it. Where'd you see it posted, anyway?

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Able on December 26, 2010, 11:58:22 PM
Might be a good idea to post this, pd and bip to Project gutenberg
Seems there's a converter to .mobi

Eta:
Nevermind it can manually convert it but its stored at full size and has to convert each page...

So if I want to read it on Kindle I have to convert each page, one by one?
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Bwana Honolulu

Quote from: Cramulus on January 08, 2011, 02:00:59 AM:mrgreen: thanks from all of us, hope you dig it. Where'd you see it posted, anyway?
Well I just, erm, accidently found this board, eh, registered then... randomly crawled thru some topics and BAM! saw it in the thread we're posting in right now. :roflcake:
His Quasaric Sphericity Bwana Honolulu,
Supremest Commander of Suicide Commando Ω−,
Ruler of everything, everything else and nothing again,
Greatgrandpapapope and Metagodemperor in Zimmer523,
Grand Admiracle of the mounted naval cavalry at sea,
Reichsminister für Popularpodicifikation,
Keeper of the holy Q.

the last yatto

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on January 08, 2011, 07:12:39 AM
Quote from: Able on December 26, 2010, 11:58:22 PM
Might be a good idea to post this, pd and bip to Project gutenberg
Seems there's a converter to .mobi

Eta:
Nevermind it can manually convert it but its stored at full size and has to convert each page...

So if I want to read it on Kindle I have to convert each page, one by one?

Manually was a wrong word choice. The kindle can read pdfs but each page seems to load much slower then .mobi
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Ari

After feasting on the first pages of the digital version I just went back to lulu and placed an order for two.
This will make a great gift to an old friend of mine, and FUCK do I want to own a physical copy of it.
:happy dance:
パンクビッチ

Don Coyote

downloaded
reading
will upload to kindle
had small idea to tack into an as of yet unstarted project
Thanks

Ari

:mittens: delivery man just dropped it off... oh the joy!
thank you all for making this happen.
パンクビッチ

Don Coyote