News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Christmas Dinner

Started by Adios, December 22, 2010, 08:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Hm, tomorrow we're having prime rib, turkey, potatoes (mashed if my grandmother's making them), brussel sprouts, salad, cranberry relish, my husband's qabli rice (Afghan traditional "party rice" with raisins, nuts and either candied orange peel or carrots in it), dressing, cheesecake (and I'm bringing my (in)famous cheeseball and crackers as well as a homemade pecan pie).

Xmas Day:  turkey, ham, crockpot cheese potatoes, crockpot pork n beans, ambrosia salad (gag), green bean casserole, rolls and pumpkin pie (I'm bringing another homemade pecan).

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Richter on December 23, 2010, 01:53:32 PM
Dead fucking cow, Yorkshire pudding, salad, and a few bottles of booze are the typical xmas for us.

Quote from: Nigel on December 23, 2010, 07:01:41 AM
I am getting fucking crabs and shrimp.

Mental image:  100 rampaging horny crabs with strp-ons descending on a bevy of shrimp.  50% of the Shrimp flee in terror, 25% flee to keep up appearances, most of the rest pass out, and a few just lie there and try not to let everyone else realize thet they're into that.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think that what we're really doing is eating leftovers from Yule and lounging around Mr. Language's apartment drinking tea in our pajamas. I am beyond excited for this.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nast

I missed cooking Thanksgiving this year, so I wanted to do something nice to make up for it:

Rosemary garlic roast leg of lamb

Roasted winter root vegetables
Salad of arugula, blood oranges, slivered fennel and toasted almonds

Chocolate souffles with cardamom creme anglaise

I hope it turns out well!
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Jenne

I want your recipes for that leg of lamb and the souffles, dude.

Adios

Kai

Quote from: Nigel on December 23, 2010, 07:01:41 AM
I am getting fucking crabs and shrimp.

SQUIDMAS!!!

I'm having roast duck tonight with immediate family.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just packed up a bag of leftovers (including a half-gallon of mexican hot chocolate!) and decided I'm going to use the leftover tamale fixins to make some kind of spicy chicken hominy stew for tomorrow.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Adios

The Prime turned out perfectly. Then it turned into French Dip sandwiches for its second act.

*burp*

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Duck, roasted with crispy skin and a current jelly glaze
Potatoes, Carrots, Onion roasted under the duck
Green bean casserole with fried onions on top
Ham
pecan pie/pumpkin pie

and awesome drinks:
White Rum + Frozen Yogurt + Garam Masala Simple Syrup
or
White Rum + Frozen Yogurt + Peach/Ginger Simple Syrup
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Jenne

"Garam Masala Simple Syrup"?  Double-yew-tee-eff!  Want!