News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

FAO Dan Brown & other symbol spags

Started by the last yatto, December 23, 2010, 10:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the last yatto

I can't help but notice klan hoods look like dunce caps, what's the history behind this outfit?  :fnord:
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Adios

Nothing. Originally they mostly wore sheets and masks.

Nephew Twiddleton

The Klan originally dressed the way they do in order to pretend to be the ghosts of Confederate soldiers and scare black people during the Reconstruction period.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Phox

I think you guys are missing the point:

The klansmen dressed in pointed hoods because their founder, Nathan Bedford Forrest was often made towear a dunce hat and sit in the corner  of his one room school house in Chapel Hill, Tennessee. it was here that he discovered a secret passage built by the Illuminati and the Vatican, and the hat was the key to the giant marble gate to the secret treasure.  :fnord:

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Phox

:thanks:

I should write a novel to that effect.

Adios

Adios

Use this Phoxy.

The origins of the use of the costume are unclear, the contemporary white gown with a cone hat follows the Spanish Roman Catholic "Nazareno" tradition. Such garments have been traditionally used in festivities such as Holy Week, symbolizing the act of penance. In Spain and its former colonies, the pointed hat is called "Capirote".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan_regalia_and_insignia

Phox

Quote from: Charley Brown on December 23, 2010, 11:25:12 PM
Use this Phoxy.

The origins of the use of the costume are unclear, the contemporary white gown with a cone hat follows the Spanish Roman Catholic "Nazareno" tradition. Such garments have been traditionally used in festivities such as Holy Week, symbolizing the act of penance. In Spain and its former colonies, the pointed hat is called "Capirote".

Nah, that's too close to reality. I want to write a Dan Brown novel.  :lol:

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Phox on December 23, 2010, 11:27:16 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on December 23, 2010, 11:25:12 PM
Use this Phoxy.

Nah, that's too close to reality. I want to write a Dan Brown novel.  :lol:

His best talent is mixing fact and fiction.

AFK

They were supposed to be more like Santa hats, but their wives used too much starch when pressing them. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.