News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

I hope no one REALLY wanted Florida citrus and strawberries again this year.

Started by Suu, December 29, 2010, 02:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on December 30, 2010, 06:49:54 PM
You would think that orange growing people would know how to protect their crops from the cold??
WTF. Seriously.

I mean, My neighbor keeps her damn plants alive just by putting a damn sheet over them.

It would take an awfully big sheet to cover a orange grove.

Whatever

You would think that orange growing people would know how to protect their crops from the cold??
WTF. Seriously.

I mean, My neighbor keeps her damn plants alive just by putting a damn sheet over them.

Well, they used to burn the smudge pots but the enviromentalists made them stop. :|

Eater of Clowns

Squid, if they protected the grove, how would they jack up the prices and then forget to lower them when supply was back up again?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Suu

WTF. Seriously.

They ice them, and typically the cold snaps are good for the fruit, but what happened is that LAST YEAR because it was so cold through January, the trees flowered too late, so there's less fruit this year even though the temps aren't nearly as low.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Temps were just as low this year as last.
We've had more consecutive days of 20's and 30's than last year.

This year was fucking cold.
Last year we had a cold week.

Suu

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on December 31, 2010, 04:17:20 AM
Temps were just as low this year as last.
We've had more consecutive days of 20's and 30's than last year.

This year was fucking cold.
Last year we had a cold week.

Last year was also El Nino, which means at least you got rain. This year is La Nina. It's cold, and it's dry. Fires are going to be really bad with all the dead brush from last year's snap.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."