PD.com: "I'M MADDER THAN FISH GREASE!"

Main Menu

SCIENCE! *hic*

Started by AFK, December 30, 2010, 02:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Kai

Quote from: Epimetheus on December 30, 2010, 11:18:23 PM
Philosopher looks at a rose, thinks "pretty flower," and writes about there being an absolute and eternal model of Pretty Flower, existing in a space outside of space, that informs all our ideas of pretty flowers.

Quote from: Cain on December 31, 2010, 12:29:14 AM
Unless he's a postmodernist, in which case he talks about how "pretty flowers" are a discursive technology used by patriarchical elites to delineate the permitted boundaries of ideological deconstruction and resistance to the hegemony of plant-based biopower.

:lulz:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Triple Zero

Quote from: ϗ on December 31, 2010, 01:27:28 AM
Quote from: Epimetheus on December 30, 2010, 11:18:23 PM
Philosopher looks at a rose, thinks "pretty flower," and writes about there being an absolute and eternal model of Pretty Flower, existing in a space outside of space, that informs all our ideas of pretty flowers.

Quote from: Cain on December 31, 2010, 12:29:14 AM
Unless he's a postmodernist, in which case he talks about how "pretty flowers" are a discursive technology used by patriarchical elites to delineate the permitted boundaries of ideological deconstruction and resistance to the hegemony of plant-based biopower.

:lulz:

Of course! Then there's the scientist laughing them in the face and disregarding these obviously stupid and unprovable notions.

Nah I've been to these science parties, sure they're funny, and yeah we did get shitfaced, somebody explained me how this banach-tarski paradox actually worked, and I completely forgot :lol: wonderful. You do get the same kind of people that think what they have to say is really really important though, except you can't tell them apart as easy, because they usually tend to dress just as badly as the rest of them. You'll know when they boast the same story for the third time, though.

On the other hand maybe I'm just pissed cause I can't go back there, but I dunno if it was the place I was supposed to be anyway.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Fujikoma

This many years later, and I still tap the top.

I know the overall shape of the universe, and the underlying shape of many constructs we have yet to discover. I can't prove anything though, so I may as well be an untalented Van Gogh trying to suck his own ballsack.

Fujikoma

Also, did you try shouting "EXPECTO PATRONUS" at your teacher, for science?