News:

Heaven is a sausage party.

Main Menu

Request

Started by Lies, December 31, 2010, 04:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chairman Risus

I just want to weigh in and confirm the online book search has never worked here, either.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah I've never gotten the book search to work. The forum search used to, though.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

It still works, it pulls some weird results among the correct ones but it still works.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cramulus

the normal search function kind of works

sometimes you search for something and get 49 pages of extraneous results

hooplala

I thought there was something wrong with the regular search function when I wasn't able to find a bunch of threads I enjoyed from the older days... then I remembered that ECH deleted a bunch of them.  That MIGHT be other people's problems with the search function, if they are borderline retarded like I am.

I miss that old STFU image thread.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 31, 2010, 02:35:24 PM
As someone who holds the passwords to the site and database, I can also attest there are no hidden sections anywhere, not in the PrincipiaDiscordia Book, and especially not at http://www.principiadiscordia.com/goatse

Nor are there easter-eggs hidden in this forum that nobody has ever found, or at least cared to mention, or hasn't disregarded it as a fluke of their twisted imagination.
:x :x :x :x
MOTHER OF FUCKING GOD.
I was not prepared for that link.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

the last yatto

iwasraped at principiadiscordia dot com

Hehe

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Cramulus

search string "YouGASM" -- 60 pages of results  :tgrr:

Faust

Quote from: Cramulus on January 13, 2011, 03:12:42 PM
search string "YouGASM" -- 60 pages of results  :tgrr:

Which through our mentally ill search or through google?

Cramulus

our mentally ill search. GASM command and OMF aren't indexed by google and I knew it was in there somewhere because it contains a username and password

I do a lot of searches by username or subject - anybody know if there is a way to specify those fields in a google search?

I did dig up the thread eventually, just frustrated that I had to find it the long way

Faust

Quote from: Cramulus on January 13, 2011, 05:29:53 PM
our mentally ill search. GASM command and OMF aren't indexed by google and I knew it was in there somewhere because it contains a username and password

I do a lot of searches by username or subject - anybody know if there is a way to specify those fields in a google search?

I did dig up the thread eventually, just frustrated that I had to find it the long way
Whatever happened when I used the smf panel and built the cache for the search it now includes the same wrong results for every search. I can try rebuild it but I think what happened was that the site was active as it was building and it kept getting interrupted. It would mean taking the site off for between three and six hours.
Until I do that there is a trick to the search all the wrong results DONT include a snippet from the thread. so you can scroll past them.