News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

More Meme Bomb Flyers

Started by Epimetheus, January 01, 2011, 10:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epimetheus

I decided to take a few of the highest rated membombs from the database and make flyers from them.
It's nothing special, but it makes dissemination one step easier for you guys.
PDF: http://www.mediafire.com/?74sw6qofswrtp5e
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Telarus

I really like these. The simple 1line+1art combo with the cleverly colored Orange menace tag is very nice. Very meme-'BOMB'.

Some of the pages (such as page 1) need some adjustment in the word placement / font size to maximize impact. You want to have natural conversation breaks as the line breaks. What did you make this in? Can you upload your sourcefile somewhere?
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Epimetheus on January 01, 2011, 10:05:20 PM
I decided to take a few of the highest rated membombs from the database and make flyers from them.
It's nothing special, but it makes dissemination one step easier for you guys.
PDF: http://www.mediafire.com/?74sw6qofswrtp5e

Perhaps my favorite collection yet, in terms of font choice and associated images. Great work.

Epimetheus

Thanks!

Quote from: Telarus on January 02, 2011, 01:41:35 AM
What did you make this in? Can you upload your sourcefile somewhere?

Photoshop. You can open the .pdf files in Photoshop and the layers should be intact - I just tried it and it worked.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Great work, I like these a lot. I really enjoy the font choices, imagery, consistent tagline, white space, and the full bleed.

If you have Illustrator, I'd recommend rebuilding them with that program instead: it will vastly reduce the file size and cause any printing device to use it's highest printing resolution (which may or may not be the case depending on how you set your file up).

I also agree with Telarus' criticism about the line breaks. One possibility is to use a horizontal format if it just doesn't flow right.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cramulus

damnit! Can't access mediafire at work

but I'd like to get this up on scribd!

Cramulus

Epimetheus

Quote from: ☄ · · · N E T · · · ☄ on January 03, 2011, 08:30:47 AM
If you have Illustrator, I'd recommend rebuilding them with that program instead: it will vastly reduce the file size and cause any printing device to use it's highest printing resolution (which may or may not be the case depending on how you set your file up).

I do have Illustrator. I may do that.
They're 300 ppi right now, which should be great for the size I made them (8.5x11) or bigger sizes to a certain extent.

Cramulus

do you have a name for this collection?

Epimetheus

Naw, feel free to name it yourself, Cram.

Chairman Risus

Spreading a few copies of these around campus today.

Remington

Is it plugged in?

Cramulus

THAT IS FUCKING BRILLIANT!

I love the idea of pulling a tab at the bottom being a CHOICE

and on the back of the tab, you get feedback for that choice!

shit! TRULY interactive posters! shittttt!

Remington

:lulz:

I thought you might like it.
Is it plugged in?

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!