News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

Tired

Started by Adios, January 03, 2011, 06:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Have you ever been tired? Not the kind of tired that a good nights sleep can cure, but that bone deep fed up tired.

Sick of the clamoring of fools and the screaming of idiots, everything and everybody using every thing they can to try to claim a piece of you tired. Constant yammering of who makes the best car or TV or watch. Angry at the way commercials think that by being obnoxious they can force you to buy their product.

Disgusted at politicians who preach from their gilded pulpits about how they are the only one who really cares about you and how all the other ones are only out for themselves. Non-stop media blitzes from every medium pounding at your senses with utter bullshit designed to make you think The Right Way.

Fed up with ordinary people who tell you who you are and what to think, meanwhile all one hears is nothing but emo shit oozing from their pores. Social media designed to spread things in their life that you simply don't want to hear and couldn't care less about.

Very few, if any, of us are exceptions to this disease. While I am spending the time here to rant about it I stand guilty of the very same thing. It is hopeless. My ears are ringing with the rattle of the human race and it makes my head hurt. This includes the pathetic whining of my own voice.

My wife asked me last night what she could do to fix me. When I asked her what she meant she informed me that I wasn't the man she married, that the man she married could do anything, anything at all. Talk about a full body slam on concrete. She is right.

The truth is made of pain and clarity. This year I want my life back. The life where I felt invincible and in charge.

Even if I have to make it up.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 03, 2011, 06:36:05 PM
Who are we?   :lulz:

:lulz:

Someone can record it and add it to that if they want. I have no equipment.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 03, 2011, 06:37:08 PM

I'll have to tinker with the text a bit, Jeopardy-style.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 03, 2011, 06:42:00 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on January 03, 2011, 06:37:08 PM

I'll have to tinker with the text a bit, Jeopardy-style.

Have at it.

Triple Zero

Tired

(I read your post and the thread title in succession, it made me chuckle)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Epimetheus

"...a place so noisy that no one could hear the truth if it were ever told--"
Spider Jerusalem
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Adios

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 03, 2011, 10:46:43 PM
Tired

(I read your post and the thread title in succession, it made me chuckle)

That works.