News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

Seriously?

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, January 04, 2011, 10:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just had to explain to a bead lady why it's not OK to come onto a forum, see something someone else is making, and then make the same thing (in this case, a T-shirt - she copied not only the idea but also the design) and sell it on the forum.

What the hell. How does anyone reach adulthood without knowing that kind of shit will get you ostracized at best, and fucking sued at worst?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

I think a certain percentage of humans are not actually sentient in any meaningful way.  You might have just met one.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sigmatic on January 04, 2011, 10:57:21 PM
I think a certain percentage of humans are not actually sentient in any meaningful way.  You might have just met one.

I think you're right. Every once in a while I look into a person's eyes and realize that they are no smarter than the average German Shepherd.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Fujikoma

Suu

As someone who grew up with German Shepherds and interact with one every time I see my parents, I have to say that you may be paying them a compliment comparing them to a GSD.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Lies

Quote from: Nigel on January 04, 2011, 11:29:21 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on January 04, 2011, 10:57:21 PM

I think you're right. Every once in a while I look into a person's eyes and realize that they are no smarter than the average German Shepherd.
Please don't insult german shepherds by comparing them to humans, german shepherds are GOOD people and are smart and will never steal anyone elses copyright EVER.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

They would if they had thumbs.

In all seriousness, I chose German Shepherds for a reason. I've had Shepherds for the last 17 years, and they are very bright dogs. Probably about as smart as a typical American adult human, and smarter than many.

Fujikoma

My favorite type of dog so far is the Vizsla, my mom and stepdad have one, and he's like, I don't know, the smartest dog I've ever seen. He's very social, and if you start telling someone a story about something he did, like the time he saw a snake on the trail, he'll grab a toy and reenact the scene for the person sometimes.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Vizsla

Close second is a Lhasa apso (they have cool personalities, fearless, fun, but small, unfortunately) and third is a shiba inu (wild and independent).

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Lhasa_Apso
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Shiba_Inu

AFK

My favorite dog is a cat.

RWHN,
Not a dog fan. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

My favorite dog is a style.

LMNO
-had to go there. not enough cheap innuendo ITT.

Pope Pixie Pickle

My mums dog is awesome. Hes a springer dalmation cross breed and is super smart. Also a hyper pain in the ass. 

Fujikoma

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 05, 2011, 01:36:16 PM

LMNO

UGH... BAD joke. :lulz:

Cain

I'm sure I heard somewhere German shepherds have an IQ of around 60.  It was something to do with how Spanish military requirements are written, because you need an IQ of 80 (IIRC) to join the military, and as the dogs are not clever enough, they have no canine support teams for their military police etc

hooplala

Quote from: Fujikoma on January 05, 2011, 01:49:56 PM

LMNO

Are you new?

We have this emoticon for a reason:  :lmnuendo:
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Suu

Quote from: Fujikoma on January 05, 2011, 01:49:56 PM

LMNO

I personally thought it was dog-gone funny.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."