News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

WHOOOEEEE! MINDY SUE, WE'RE GONNA EAT LIKE KINGS TONIGHT!

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 03, 2011, 03:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Well, my money is on E.O Wilson's explanation which is basically that this is a Law of 5s thing. 

Oh hey, while I was typing this I looked down and found a quarter.  Neat. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on January 07, 2011, 03:45:49 PM
Quote from: Nigel on January 07, 2011, 03:41:23 PM
Also, the idea that prior to 2011 human technology was simply too primitive to document such occurrences = LOL.

I hope that's not directed at me, because that was not the intended message of my post.  Just saying that we will be seeing things, and probably have been seeing things, in the last few years and upcoming years that have been happening randomly at irregular intervals in the past, due to the saturation of information which is accompanying social networking.  Not that technology was too primitive before, it simply wasn't as ubiquitous.

Not at you personally, but at the people quoted as presenting that as an explanation.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 07, 2011, 03:48:03 PM
Quote from: Nigel on January 07, 2011, 03:42:45 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 07, 2011, 03:40:37 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 07, 2011, 03:09:59 PM
No conclusions drawn.

Oh, yeah, the fact that you concluded with that TOTALLY means that no one should reply to your preceding statements with relevant facts.  :roll:

Fine, don't believe me.  I haven't been convinced in any specific direction, I'm just trying to see what facts exist, and which speculations may fit them.

For example, autopsies have shown physica trauma, and no evidence of toxins.

And if you recall, my first wild guess was some sort of military jet/stealth technology that collided or buffetted the birds, using NYE as cover.

On what planet does replying to the facts you've presented equal assuming that you have come to a conclusion?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

I have a distinct feeling this is merely a communication problem we've got going on, so I'm not gonna fight.

Anyone want to lay bets that there will never be any real investigation into this?

Suu

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 07, 2011, 04:42:14 PM
I have a distinct feeling this is merely a communication problem we've got going on, so I'm not gonna fight.

Anyone want to lay bets that there will never be any real investigation into this?

There will be, but the government won't give a grant to the university that's going to do it, so we'll never hear about it.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 07, 2011, 04:42:14 PM

Yes. That is correct. I am not arguing with you, I am replying to the facts which you presented, expressing my skepticism that they explain what happened to the birds.

And yes, I suspect there will never be any real investigation.

hooplala

It all sounds suspiciously like the prologue to a dystopian story.

"Nobody realized it at the time, but it all started with the dying birds."
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

AFK

It's a really nasty solar flare that's making life on Earth become lethally stupid. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Adios

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit