Heaven is a sausage party.

Main Menu

Happy Mungday

Started by Cramulus, January 05, 2011, 03:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

HAPPY MUNGDAY!

http://discordia.wikia.com/wiki/Mungday

"Today* is Mungday, the Holyday of the Apostle Hung Mung, the Patron Saint of Chaos, and the 5th Day (Setting Orange) of the Season of Chaos (the first season in the Discordian Year) in this, the YOLD 3177. Hooray!

On the teachings and imitations of Saint Hung Mung
Setting Orange Chaos 5, 3169 by  Anno Lumina

Hung Mung is a Sage of Ancient China and Official Discordian Missionary to the Heathen Chinese. He who originally devised THE SACRED CHAO. Patron of the Season of Chaos.

On Setting Orange Chaos 5 (January 5th), Discordians set aside the day to remember and commune with Saint Hung Mung, whose name means Primal Chaos, sage of Ancient China, inventor of the Sacred Chao, Official Missionary to the Heathens, leader of Operation Mindfuck and patron of the season of Chaos.

This is the season of Chaos, the ancient universe as earliest humans saw it, where anything and everything is REAL. Apostle Hung Mung came out of this mindset and planted the seeds of the Taoist religion, whose followers don't apply their force to the universe, but instead allow the universe to guide their force.

Hung Mung appears in the writings of old Chaung Tzu, where he responds to the inquiries of Great Knowledge by by laughing and slapping his knee and shouting, "I don't know! I don't know!" His name 鴻蒙 means "silly goose" in Chinese, and the Planet Eris was discovered on Mung Day, 3171... HAIL ERIS!!!

A Mungday Tale by Dr. Jon

"Great Knowledge was traveling east, carried along upon the wings of a whirlwind. Suddenly he met Hung Mung, who was jumping around, slapping his thighs and hopping like a bird. Great Knowledge saw this and stopped dead, standing still in respect, and said, 'Elderly man, who are you? What are you doing?'

Hung Mung continued to slap his thighs and hop like a bird, then replied, 'Enjoying myself!

Great Knowledge said, 'I would like to ask a question.'

Hung Mung looked at Great Knowledge and said, 'That's a shame!'

Great Knowledge said, 'The very breath of Heaven is no longer in harmony. Earth's very breath is ensnared, the six breaths do not mix, the four seasons do not follow each other. Now I want to combine the six breaths in order to bring life to all things. How do I do this?'

Hung Mung slapped his thighs, hopped around and said, 'I don't know, I don't know!'

Great Knowledge could go no further with his questioning. But three years later, traveling east, he passed the wilderness of Sung and came upon Hung Mung again. Great Knowledge, very pleased, rushed towards him, stood before him and said, 'Heaven, have you forgotten me? Heaven, have you forgotten me?' Bowing his head twice, he asked for teaching from Hung Mung.

Hung Mung said, 'Wandering everywhere, without a clue why. Wildly impulsive, without a clue where. I wander around in this odd fashion, I see that nothing comes without reason. What can I know?'

Great Knowledge replied, 'I also seem carried on by an aimless influence, and yet the people follow me wherever I go. I cannot help their doing so. But now as they thus imitate me, I wish to hear a word from you.'

Hung Mung said, 'Ah! your mind needs to be nourished. Do you only take the position of doing nothing, and things will of themselves become transformed. Neglect your body; cast out from you your power of hearing and sight; forget what you have in common with things; cultivate a grand similarity with the chaos of the plastic ether; unloose your mind; set your spirit free; be still as if you had no soul. Of all the multitude of things every one returns to its root. Every one returns to its root, and does not know that it is doing so. They all are as in the state of chaos, and during all their existence they do not leave it. They do not ask its name; they do not seek to spy out their nature; and thus it is that things come to life of themselves.'"

Not claiming to know anything, Primal Chaos reveals everything to informed curiosity - though not usually in a very orderly format. In becoming acquainted with this sage who knows nothing and does not care that he does not know anything, we can learn enough to accomplish nearly anything."

QuoteYün Kiang, rambling to the east, having been borne along on a gentle breeze, suddenly encountered Hung Mung, who was rambling about, slapping his buttocks and hopping like a bird. Amazed at the sight, Yün Kiang stood reverentially, and said to the other, 'Venerable Sir, who are you? and why are you doing this ?' Hung Mung went on slapping his buttocks and hopping like a bird, but replied, 'I am enjoying myself.' Yün Kiang said, 'I wish to ask you a question.' Hung Mung lifted up his head, looked at the stranger, and said, 'Pooh!' Yün Kiang, however, continued, 'The breath of heaven is out of harmony; the breath of earth is bound up; the six elemental influences do not act in concord; the four seasons do not observe their proper times. Now I wish to blend together the essential qualities of those six influences in order to nourish all living things;-- how shall I go about it?' Hung Mung slapped his buttocks, hopped about, and shook his head, saying, 'I do not know; I do not know!'

How are YOU celebrating Mungday?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110104173208AAhtKOY

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

StochasticProvost

I don't want to like, tootle my own horn with vigor too much, but I wrote this... I've been doing all the holydays as the year has gone by. Maybe it's all just bullshit. Anyway I'll just leave it here and you can all yell at me or ignore me if you want.

http://misterdiskord.posterous.com/same-shit-different-year-mungday-is-upon-us-c

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That was not so bad, Mister Diskord.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Thirded.

I believe I learned something reading that buttockry.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

StochasticProvost

Fuck ya'll. Now my ego's all big.

Thanks for the non-hateful words.

Phox

Quote from: MisterDiskord on January 07, 2011, 02:37:31 PM
Fuck ya'll. Now my ego's all big.

Thanks for the non-hateful words.
That fucking sucked, you knock off of a cheap cunt.  :wink:

Phox,
Did not read it.

ETA: Quotes are good.

Telarus

Liked it enough to share it on facebook.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

StochasticProvost

Cramulus

Cramulus

Quote from: Telarus on January 07, 2011, 10:52:39 PM
Liked it enough to share it on facebook.

wish I knew what it said! the post he made is gone now, and no copies in the wayback machine

Galerson

I missed Mungday. Next year!