News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

Gabby Gifford (AZ rep) shot

Started by BabylonHoruv, January 08, 2011, 06:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabylonHoruv

AZ senator, she was a friend of a friend of mine which is the only reason I know this has happened.

This is the only link I have found so far.

http://www.mediaite.com/top-story/report-rep-gabrielle-giffords-shot-in-head-at-town-hall-in-arizona/

Anyone know why this happened?  Political motivations I assume.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'd about bet money on it being a Tea Partier. I'd almost rather it was a jilted lover or stalker, though, just because the ramifications of political violence toward local representatives is horrific.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Adios

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

Is it bad that I wish for at least one political assassination where, upon questioning, the assassin will only give their motivation as "BOOM, HEADSHOT!"

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cain on January 08, 2011, 06:58:10 PM
Is it bad that I wish for at least one political assassination where, upon questioning, the assassin will only give their motivation as "BOOM, HEADSHOT!"

No, not at all  :)

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Cain on January 08, 2011, 06:58:10 PM

nope.   except the anti-video game crowd would have a field day using it to prove video games are the cause of violence here.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Gifford and six others are dead. She was pro-immigration. It seems unlikely that this was anything other than political.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on January 08, 2011, 06:35:22 PM
AZ senator, she was a friend of a friend of mine which is the only reason I know this has happened.

This is the only link I have found so far.

http://www.mediaite.com/top-story/report-rep-gabrielle-giffords-shot-in-head-at-town-hall-in-arizona/

Anyone know why this happened?  Political motivations I assume.

AZ representative, not senator.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/World/20110108/congresswoman-giffords-shot-arizona-110108/

There's your Tea Party America.  Fucking brownshirts.

They're already trying to blame it on "some Mexican", of course.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on January 08, 2011, 07:28:07 PM
Gifford and six others are dead. She was pro-immigration. It seems unlikely that this was anything other than political.

I've only heard of one other death so far.

But good luck getting anyone to a democrat rally any time soon.  Which was, of course, the point.  The fact that they got Giffords was just a bonus.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Igor

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/01/08/congresswoman-gabrie.html

QuoteGiffords was also one of the lawmakers Sarah Palin "set her sights on" in the Palin PAC infographic below (takebackthe20.com). The congresswoman and others are targeted with simulated gun sights on a map of the United States.

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.

The Good Reverend Roger

Nephew Twiddleton

Oh boy. I wonder if this poster can be used to make a case that Palin is inciting people to violence.

The Good Reverend Roger

6 dead, Giffords last known to be in surgery in critical condition with a head wound.

That rally was 2 miles from my house.  My father had planned to attend, but overslept.