News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

SUU! Explain this Shit!

Started by Richter, January 10, 2011, 11:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

IKEA?  That degenerate pit of scum and kitsch?   The Elemental Plane of "That looks shiny!"

Why the hell not.

Just keep in mind that I'm going beyond allen wrenches here.  More like a boarding axe and a hanger for the shopping.  Extra rivets, drywall screws and a hammer drill to "expedite" assembly.  They will recall why the Helmsteadr line LEFT their country, and why they should enver tempt them to come back.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

You're fucking coming with me to get the stuff too. I may need you to keep GS from being distracted like the last time we went. Bring the grue, we may need them.

Plus: Where ELSE am I going to spend $500 and buy enough stuff to furnish an entire fucking apartment in one shot?! I don't trust Craigslist or anything 2nd hand, Wal-Mart is...well...Wal-Mart, and Target doesn't carry everything I need in-store, and they don't ship to the store like Wal-Mart does so that's extra money.

My desk already is IKEA. We just won't tell ANYONE that I'm doing a whole room in IKEA, that breaks a lot of rules of interior design.

No really, my list so far:

Futon bed
Dresser
Swivel Chair
Couple of shelves
End table
laundry basket
phenomenally orange bathroom accessories
closet organizer

Really, nothing...scary. I mean, I could MAKE it scary...If I get that other scholarship and my taxes look good, I will drop a grand. I need furniture and that's the best place to get everything I need in a modular form, even if it'll make me look like Eurotrash.

They also have really useful shit for my kitchen, like an island on wheels.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

...I'm bringing my camera. We're going to have to document this experience.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

You have hired a Sherpa right?  This shit is NOT going down without a Sherpa.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Suu

Quote from: Richter on January 11, 2011, 02:25:51 AM

?

Richter

the last yatto

To be authentic you need a yellow vw bug
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Richter

That's certain to authentically bottom out the suspension

Pope Pixie Pickle

every time I have to go to IKEA I take my mum's husband who works there. it helps me not spend too much money and i get to know the short cuts around stuff.

Suu

Quote from: Rainy Day Pixie on January 11, 2011, 11:40:45 AM

every time I have to go to IKEA I take my mum's husband who works there. it helps me not spend too much money and i get to know the short cuts around stuff.

The trick is to not walk through the showroom unless you have to. You walk through the showroom and you're done.

Richter

We tried not to last time.  It turned out the numbers on everything from the website were not the same ones they had in the warehouse.  We HAD to expose ourselves to the endless piles of crap to get the store - specific ones.  Fucking Evil. 

Suu

Quote from: Richter on January 11, 2011, 02:17:15 PM
We tried not to last time.  It turned out the numbers on everything from the website were not the same ones they had in the warehouse.  We HAD to expose ourselves to the endless piles of crap to get the store - specific ones.  Fucking Evil. 

I would LIKE to look at the futons first, so we just have to beeline, and not get distracted. You know what got us the last time? Lighting. They have ...awesome lights.

Richter

I'm fixing to grab another cheap matress too.  Need to bulk the pile back up, and have one on - hand for events. 

I still remember the last venture...

Herbet: "Ooh.. cool...."

Richter: "FOCUS man!      ...oooh, shiny...DAMNIT!"

Then they had gluug by the register.

Suu

Quote from: Richter on January 11, 2011, 03:16:53 PM
I'm fixing to grab another cheap matress too.  Need to bulk the pile back up, and have one on - hand for events. 

I still remember the last venture...

Herbet: "Ooh.. cool...."

Richter: "FOCUS man!      ...oooh, shiny...DAMNIT!"

Then they had gluug by the register.

And then the tire happened.

...And I was stuck at home with your psycho ex trying to teach her how to sew.

Richter