News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

Fungi stuffed portabellas.

Started by Fractalbeard, January 03, 2011, 02:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fractalbeard

Fungi stuffed mushrooms, bizniches!

2 cups spinach, lightly packed
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 cup crimini mushrooms
...(tharr be more)1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms
8 oz. gorgonzola
4 portabella mushrooms
Some cooking oil (we used canola).

Chop up everything except the portabellas and gorgonzola. And the oil. Don't chop that up either. Lightly stir fry the chopped ingredients in the oil. Put inside the portabellas. Put the gorgonzola on top. Put the monstrous mushroom awesomeness in the oven at 350 F until the gorgonzola browns LIGHTLY. Eat.

DON'T throw away the juice! Use it for the rice or whatever else you're cooking this with! (we made rosemary flavored rice).

With better preparation, we would have used olive oil instead of canola. We also would have thrown some oyster mushrooms in the mix (1/3 cup of each shroom). Putting rice under the stuffing mix also was good.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insuficiently advanced.

Suu

The amount of fungus in this dish made my throat close LOOKING at it. Damn!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Phox

:aaa:

Phox,
Would totally eat that many mushrooms.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Quote from: Suu on January 03, 2011, 02:56:37 AM
The amount of fungus in this dish made my throat close LOOKING at it. Damn!

Wouldn't leave mushroom left for dessert. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.