News:

PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows

Main Menu

A love letter to you.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 17, 2011, 11:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

When people talk like that, Cram, about welfare and abortion, etc...They're talking about black people.

Which is funny, because there are far more whites than blacks on welfare.  There are also far, far more white people using drugs than black people.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cramulus

I don't think they're being consciously racist, I think they're just influenced by racist arguments. I also think they're ignorant of the injustices that made us need a fourth amendment to begin with.

I just can't wrap my head around the logic.. They're basically saying "I had to take a piss test to get my job .. therefore ALL welfare candidates should have to take a piss test to get the benefits specifically set aside for them. I was willing to give up MY privacy, I don't see why everybody shouldn't be cool with it."

I can easily envision a parallel universe where the police do a background check on you before they answer your 911 call.

Or the government investigates your lifestyle before you can qualify for a federal scholarship.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on June 09, 2011, 08:19:07 PM
I don't think they're being consciously racist, I think they're just influenced by racist arguments. I also think they're ignorant of the injustices that made us need a fourth amendment to begin with.

1.  Thomas Jefferson is out of vogue, these days.

2.  I've caught dyed-in-the-wool liberals associating welfare with Blacks. 

I just can't wrap my head around the logic.. They're basically saying "I had to take a piss test to get my job .. therefore ALL welfare candidates should have to take a piss test to get the benefits specifically set aside for them. I was willing to give up MY privacy, I don't see why everybody shouldn't be cool with it."

I can easily envision a parallel universe where the police do a background check on you before they answer your 911 call.

Don't even joke about it.

Or the government investigates your lifestyle before you can qualify for a federal scholarship.

Within 5 years.  Guaranteed.

Cain

Well, there are already concerted campaigns at Universities to deny tenure to anyone who dare speak negatively of Israel, so the scholarship thing will almost certainly happen soon.

Jenne

Quote from: Cain on June 09, 2011, 08:34:58 PM
Well, there are already concerted campaigns at Universities to deny tenure to anyone who dare speak negatively of Israel, so the scholarship thing will almost certainly happen soon.

Yeah, THAT's not surprising.

Universities that offer equal measure on that front are considered "rogue" and have been for ages.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 18, 2011, 05:23:53 PM
Yes, I realize that this meeting is a chance for you to show how knowledgeable you are.  Yes, I know that this is the only validation in your life, that you haven't got a single friend outside of work other than your wife (who is also, to put it plainly, a recluse with no social skills).  I also know that you don't actually find your own jokes that funny...That you bray laughter like the village idiot for the purpose of disrupting what anyone else may have to say, as a means to keep the attention on your brilliant ideas.

I realize that blogging every single thing that happens in your life is crucial to you, and I realize that I am supposed to be captivated by the minor, day-today details of your life on Facebook, Twitter, and any given internet forum.  I understand, also, that e-flirting shows what a rake/femme fatale you are.  I don't mind having a facebook page dedicated to an idea turned into your showcase for your life, nor do I at all mind having my threads derailed into what amazing thing happened to you while you were brushing your teeth.  I understand that Open Bar is for the little people, that you are special, and that it's urgent that you interrupt the conversation to tell us about the drama of your day-to-day existence.  It's why I'm here.

I can see why that oil spot on my driveway forced you to call the HOA...It must be the size of a quarter.  I can see that - while you wanted to address me directly about it - rules are rules, and if we don't maintain these rules in the style of Draco, it will be cats and dogs fucking in the streets.  I also see that you have to leave your chihuahuas outside to bark all day, the little darlings are so adorable, you just have to share.  I don't mind.

I have no problem if we're only friends when it's convenient for you.  I am not hurt or offended that you didn't see fit to forward your new contact information to me, even though everyone else and his dog has it.  I don't mind you not showing up when you said you would, or instead bringing along 8 friends without giving me a heads-up.  I am not human, I do not bleed.  I exist entirely for your benefit, and can be shelved when you tire of me, or don't have any use for me at the moment...I will be there when you need me again, I assure you, just sitting with a silly grin on my face, like a puppy dog.  No, really.

I also have no real issue with being the default bad guy.  If I'm in a scrap with someone, or if something happened that seems to be a mystery, I did it, it's my fault.  There's no need to look deeper, to wonder if maybe I'm acting on information you don't have.  No, that is simply a waste of time.  Assume that I am at fault, and give me shit about it.  If it turns out that you are wrong, you can apologize (or not), and then just do the same exact thing next time.  I am a bad person, and everything I do is tinged with malice towards the innocent bystanders that I for no reason decide to pick on.

I also don't mind - and have never minded - being the "least among equals"...With rules that apply to me and not my peers, with a constant implication that I cannot be trusted on my own, or with Big Boy tools, access, or anything else short of rounded plastic toys (and then only under supervision).

I understand all of these things because I love you all.  I am not a continually growing ball of festering resentment and rage.  I am not harmed, because I have no feelings (My skin is 3" thick, and made of steel.), so rest assured that I have not and am not slowly beginning to view you as a poison.  No, I love you all, and that's really all that needs to be said.

Sleep tight.

Or Kill Me.

This needs some polishing, and then it needs to used.  Here.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."