News:

My opinion > Your opinion

Main Menu

Discordian Society 2011 Facebook Group

Started by Cramulus, January 12, 2011, 04:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_186093641420641&ref=notif&notif_t=group_activity

On impulse, I created a group and added 80+ people on my friends list who I've tagged as Discordians. Invite any/all Discordians you know. LET THE CACOPHONY BEGIN! but please be cool to each other, this is a great opportunity for us to link up and spread the weird. :)

if you join, please help make the group cool

post cool ideas
help people with their ideas
link to cool stuff
don't just inject negativity and hate

I figure we'll be completely subsumed by trolling and telling each other we're doing it wrong in about an hour, but I wanted to put it out there.

pipe dreams, I know, but a cram can dream

themenniss

'I talk aloud to all those who listen. when nobody does, i talk aloud to myself.'

hooplala

I like it. 

I will try to think of some stuff this week.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Kai

I was a bit dismayed at first when I realized my inbox was flooded, but now I've changed my notifications again and it's all good.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Cain

I was a bit annoyed when the chatbox kept popping up, but then I told the rest of them what turdburglars they are and disabled the option.

hooplala

I was just thinking... the fact that Facebook allows us to sign people up to groups without their consent (like Cram did here with this group) is something we could be using to our advantage, if for nothing else than the simple lulz?

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

maphdet

I think it is a brilliant idea. I will most likely use it for laughs however, with the occasional philosophical/political/stuff.

And btw-how did you get the group to allow auto add from friends?
Is this just something new with groups?
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

East Coast Hustle

I'm gonna crap in your cereal bowl for this, Cram. Just you wait.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Adios

Jasper

This is kinda cool.  Now whenever I log on to Facefuck there's a big conversation happening.  Haven't talked at them yet though.

Telarus

Should we create groups for the "Five Orders of Discordia" and start adding politician pages to them?
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

If it lets us, that is EXACTLY what we should do.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

So... who's up for being listed as a member of THEM in order to add the people who deserve it (i.e. who wants in on the admin cabal)?
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Triple Zero

can you also make a group of "partners of Discordians that play Farmville"?

Like mine, IIRC some people mentioned their girlfriend also plays Farmville. They need to become friends and neighbours and shit because in the unfathomable perverted non-Euclidian physics of Farmville, the more neighbours have set up their farm right next to you, the more land becomes available to you to grow stuff on.

Anyway then they can connect and gossip about us and discuss why their boyfriends are so weird sometimes.

I can't possibly see anything going wrong with this.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

hooplala

Quote from: Telarus on January 13, 2011, 02:12:54 AM
So... who's up for being listed as a member of THEM in order to add the people who deserve it (i.e. who wants in on the admin cabal)?

Oh hell, sure, if there is room.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman