News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

Facebook group

Started by Adios, January 12, 2011, 07:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phox

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 14, 2011, 10:07:17 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 14, 2011, 09:52:22 PM
I, for one, view them as camouflage.  They're all noise and no signal, and they make Discordianism look fucking ridiculous, like a pack of autistic kids playing house.

This is a GOOD thing for those of us who are up to no good, as it makes us look harmless.  It also produces a very large pool of scapegoats.

I will be leaving the group tonight, though, for two reasons.

1.  I can't get rid of the chat window, and

2.  Even with my settings changed, I'm getting a couple of hundred emails a day, linking me to silly shit.

I'll just stay here and write "absurdist Shakespeare". 

But for the love of "Bob", PLEASE don't invite them here.  I invited one guy, before I realized what an idiot he is.  Just leave them out on Facebook, where they accomplish their purpose.

The one you started seems okay, at least I am putting some stuff there.

I'm pretty sure he means the Discordian one. Roger's group is cool. Though, certain people are begging to be smacked....

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Phox on January 14, 2011, 10:10:59 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on January 14, 2011, 10:07:17 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 14, 2011, 09:52:22 PM
I, for one, view them as camouflage.  They're all noise and no signal, and they make Discordianism look fucking ridiculous, like a pack of autistic kids playing house.

This is a GOOD thing for those of us who are up to no good, as it makes us look harmless.  It also produces a very large pool of scapegoats.

I will be leaving the group tonight, though, for two reasons.

1.  I can't get rid of the chat window, and

2.  Even with my settings changed, I'm getting a couple of hundred emails a day, linking me to silly shit.

I'll just stay here and write "absurdist Shakespeare". 

But for the love of "Bob", PLEASE don't invite them here.  I invited one guy, before I realized what an idiot he is.  Just leave them out on Facebook, where they accomplish their purpose.

The one you started seems okay, at least I am putting some stuff there.

I'm pretty sure he means the Discordian one. Roger's group is cool. Though, certain people are begging to be smacked....

LOL, that was getting a bit heated there. :)

Phox

Well, Nigel your group was fun while it lasted.

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Phox on January 14, 2011, 11:13:10 PM

I had to leave it before I accidentally the entire fucking planet.

Phox

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 14, 2011, 11:26:15 PM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on January 14, 2011, 11:13:10 PM

I had to leave it before I accidentally the entire fucking planet.

Me too. (Future reference: Random monkeys do not need admin powers.)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't think you understand. Random monkeys DO need admin powers, and it's just been getting funnier (and bigger) since I did that.
:lulz:
I don't care about controlling it, I'm just enjoying making maximum use of the new "features".

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Phox

Quote from: Nigel on January 15, 2011, 12:17:57 AM
I don't think you understand. Random monkeys DO need admin powers, and it's just been getting funnier (and bigger) since I did that.
:lulz:
I don't care about controlling it, I'm just enjoying making maximum use of the new "features".

Oh no, it's funny. There's only so much retard I can put up with, and that level of stupid popping up on my screen every two seconds ain't it. I am watching the fun from outside, though.

ETA: :lulz: at that comment. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have notifications turned off completely, and it doesn't show up in my feed. I wouldn't want it to drown everything out.

But I am digging the fuck out of people's reactions. Especially when they're first furious, and THEN decide it's hysterical and add all their friends.  :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Phox

Quote from: Nigel on January 15, 2011, 12:39:25 AM
I have notifications turned off completely, and it doesn't show up in my feed. I wouldn't want it to drown everything out.

But I am digging the fuck out of people's reactions. Especially when they're first furious, and THEN decide it's hysterical and add all their friends.  :lol:

Yeah, I don't have the patience to figure out how to turn that stuff off just for a giggle. Especially when i see all the good stuff without having to.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You just click the "edit settings" button in the upper right corner. It's gray.

And trust me, I'm not screenshotting all this shit. :lulz: Also someone just added a member of the Oregon Legislature.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Almost 500 members for a minute! Then it dropped back down to 470.

Phox

Quote from: Nigel on January 15, 2011, 12:48:36 AM
Almost 500 members for a minute! Then it dropped back down to 470.

Sweet! But, I can still access the group page and see all the comment, so no need to screenshot everything.  :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

I'm going to friend everyone I can find from my highschool class.

Then I'm going to add them.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jasper

I've already added everybody I dare add.  I've confused and angered most of the people I have to deal with on a regular basis, and many I don't.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel