News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

How far should an Computer Security Test Go to Prove the point?

Started by Arctific, January 13, 2011, 05:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctific

At one level, if one leaks classified docs to prove a point.  Doesn't that encourage the US Goverment to form a computer warfare unit to take out leaks like this?

At another level, should one begin building a publishing free attackware just to encourage positive realism in computer security?

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

The Johnny

Quote from: Arctific on January 13, 2011, 05:21:38 AM
...if one leaks classified docs to prove a point.  Doesn't that encourage the US Goverment to form a computer warfare unit to take out leaks like this?

If this refers to Wikileaks, your argument is a bit incorrectly phrased:

The leaks werent done to prove a point, they were done to unveil war crimes.

If the leaks indeed were done to prove a point that security is lacking, then the expected response would indeed be an escalation in security.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner