News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

That Wily Xeno Bastard

Started by Jasper, January 14, 2011, 08:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

The long-suffering doctor heaved a sigh.  
I am a researcher, he thought.  Why am I always saving his ass?  
I could be reading a book.  I could be inventing a superweapon.
The doctor hated war, but more and more he was finding it was such wonderful stress relief to invent new ways to kill lots of people.  It was cathartic.  And then there was the crew...
He sighed again, hoping they would see him and gun him down where he stood.  But he knew they wouldn't.  The captain was making a scene, and had their full attention.  And nobody ever seems to notice the doctor until they need something from him.  It said a lot to him that even their own species had members who hated them all.  It was all he could do not to burst out in peals of screeching laughter, sometimes.  He was glad they bought that line about "we don't have emotions";  His excuse for constantly stonewalling them with a single raised eyebrow.

Creeping in closer, he accidentally tread on a twig, and they finally notice him.  They had already beaten the livid shit out of the captain, who was already unconscious.  He remembered seeing a clip of the propaganda that they have Earthside.  Ridiculous stuff, he thought.  Nerve pinch?  Apparently choking people wasn't a gallant way to save the day.  The mooks hefted their shitty sticks and came at him.  Time for the Deus ex Machina.  He smiled unpleasantly.

LMNO

Hah!  Nice one.

If you don't mind, I did notice a few things.

First and foremost, he isn't a doctor.  You might be confusing him with the guy who wrote a book on pediatrics.

Phox

Jasper

It's not exactly canon derived, but he is the science officer.  I just sort of assumed for the sake of the story. :)

LMNO

Perhaps it's a personal thing, I just got confused for a second because there's a more "obvious" doctor in the landing party, dammit.

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 14, 2011, 08:14:58 PM
Perhaps it's a personal thing, I just got confused for a second because there's a more "obvious" doctor in the landing party, dammit.

Look, Sigmatic is a writer dammit, not a television historian.
                \
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jasper

Yay!

I was thinking about Spock a lot this morning.  Mostly it just amused me to death to think about him flipping out and choking a bitch.