News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

America, and other myths

Started by Adios, January 17, 2011, 04:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Why It's Not So Crazy

They can totally beam voices into your head.

In 2006, a guy whom multiple counselors labeled as a "paranoid schizophrenic" filed a Freedom of Information Act petition requesting all declassified government documents pertaining to covert attempts at microwave auditory effect, telepathy and hypnosis. While no one was surprised that a guy who once complained that the backs of his shoes were vaporized by an electromagnetic weapon would go through the effort of filing the request, a lot of people shit a brick when they saw the papers that came back.

Page after page of verified government documents confirmed that taxpayer dollars had funded research on everything from a telepathic ray gun to fever lasers that made victims disoriented and less aggressive. And, yes, one of the released tests even broadcast a person's voice telepathically by "using close-range microwaves ... to project the spoken numbers 1 to 10 across a lab to volunteers."

Inside their heads.

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_18955_6-crackpot-conspiracy-theories-that-actually-happened.html#ixzz1BJbyzbSc

That one got me.

The Good Reverend Roger

That's why I keep my head full of blind rage and static.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Whatever

Roger, I bet you could get a grant to further the study of the effect of your mind lazors!!!

Adios

My head just fucking exploded. Also my dream job just went out the window.

"Excuse me ma'am. I need to check your underwear."

Good news for Swiss bankers: They may soon be allowed to wear red underwear, black nail polish — and even eat garlic.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41121630/ns/business-world_business/

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Adios

Adios

Damn. They got one right.

The Supreme Court has rejected an appeal from opponents of same-sex marriage who want to overturn the District of Columbia's gay marriage law.

The court did not comment Tuesday in turning away a challenge from a Maryland pastor and others who are trying to get a measure on the ballot to allow Washingtonians to vote on a measure that defines marriage as between a man and a woman.

Bishop Harry Jackson led a lawsuit against the district's Board of Elections and Ethics after it refused to put that initiative on the ballot. The board ruled that the ballot question would in effect authorize discrimination.

Last year, Washington began issuing marriage licenses for same-sex couples and in 2009, it began recognizing gay marriages performed elsewhere.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_supreme_court_gay_marriage

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 18, 2011, 04:40:40 PM

The Supreme Court has rejected an appeal from opponents of same-sex marriage who want to overturn the District of Columbia's gay marriage law.

The court did not comment Tuesday in turning away a challenge from a Maryland pastor and others who are trying to get a measure on the ballot to allow Washingtonians to vote on a measure that defines marriage as between a man and a woman.

Bishop Harry Jackson led a lawsuit against the district's Board of Elections and Ethics after it refused to put that initiative on the ballot. The board ruled that the ballot question would in effect authorize discrimination.

Last year, Washington began issuing marriage licenses for same-sex couples and in 2009, it began recognizing gay marriages performed elsewhere.

How does some poison-religion preacher from Maryland get any standing in DC?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 18, 2011, 05:10:03 PM

Any nut can file a suit.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 18, 2011, 05:11:23 PM

Any nut can file a suit.

Sure.  And it can, will, and apparently has been rejected for lack of standing.

My money says this guy - on the other half of his cognitive dissonanced brain - is a state's rights advocate.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 18, 2011, 05:14:54 PM

Any nut can file a suit.

My money says this guy - on the other half of his cognitive dissonanced brain - is a state's rights advocate.

In a recent interview in Christianity Today Magazine, Jackson outlined some of his political views. He says he feels his moral values are closer to that of the Republican Party than that of the Democratic Party, particularly regarding gay marriage and abortion. However, he emphasizes that he felt the Republican Party was lacking in areas such as health care and justice reform. In the interview, he established that he feels that both ends of the political spectrum, social justice and individual responsibility, must be balanced.[1]

Jackson has made statements on the issue of illegal immigration. His editorials on the townhall website express concern for the treatment of Hispanic workers and for the effect they may be having on low wage employment opportunities for American citizens. [1]

mmigration reform is important to African Americans. The current liberal amnesty and porous borders approach to immigration is a part of what I call, "The New Slavery." Hispanic workers are taken advantage of by corporate employers and subjected to unsafe work environments and poor wages because of their current illegal status. This has directly affected black employment opportunities at the lower end of the employment spectrum.
:?

Suu

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 18, 2011, 05:26:33 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 18, 2011, 05:14:54 PM

Any nut can file a suit.

In a recent interview in Christianity Today Magazine, Jackson outlined some of his political views. He says he feels his moral values are closer to that of the Republican Party than that of the Democratic Party, particularly regarding gay marriage and abortion. However, he emphasizes that he felt the Republican Party was lacking in areas such as health care and justice reform. In the interview, he established that he feels that both ends of the political spectrum, social justice and individual responsibility, must be balanced.[1]

Jackson has made statements on the issue of illegal immigration. His editorials on the townhall website express concern for the treatment of Hispanic workers and for the effect they may be having on low wage employment opportunities for American citizens. [1]

mmigration reform is important to African Americans. The current liberal amnesty and porous borders approach to immigration is a part of what I call, "The New Slavery." Hispanic workers are taken advantage of by corporate employers and subjected to unsafe work environments and poor wages because of their current illegal status. This has directly affected black employment opportunities at the lower end of the employment spectrum.
:?

Typical Catholic. All about aiding the poor, but DNT abortion and gays.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Any nut can file a suit.

Ain't that the truth.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Adios

A school district outside Columbus, Ohio, is on track to receive more than $1 million in federal grant money for its Chinese arts and language program. But what's really caught people's attention is the $30,000 that the district is getting from the government of China.

The Gahanna-Jefferson School District began teaching Mandarin Chinese four years ago and since then, the number of students in the program has increased from about 40 to 350.

{snip}

Outside Los Angeles, the Hacienda La Puente Unified School District was set to receive similar funds from the Chinese government through the Confucius Classroom network. But backlash from community members who cited "communist propaganda" meant they ultimately had to turn it down.

"The objection ... was not to the teaching of a foreign language," said John Kramar, the district's former superintendent and a vocal opponent of the proposal. "The problem here was the culture portion and the involvement with the Chinese government."

Kramar said he was concerned about impressionable elementary students learning about communism through material provided by the Chinese government.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/19/china.funds.language.programs/index.html?hpt=C1