News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

America, and other myths

Started by Adios, January 17, 2011, 04:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 18, 2011, 05:14:54 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on January 18, 2011, 05:11:23 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 18, 2011, 05:10:03 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on January 18, 2011, 04:40:40 PM
Damn. They got one right.

The Supreme Court has rejected an appeal from opponents of same-sex marriage who want to overturn the District of Columbia's gay marriage law.

The court did not comment Tuesday in turning away a challenge from a Maryland pastor and others who are trying to get a measure on the ballot to allow Washingtonians to vote on a measure that defines marriage as between a man and a woman.

Bishop Harry Jackson led a lawsuit against the district's Board of Elections and Ethics after it refused to put that initiative on the ballot. The board ruled that the ballot question would in effect authorize discrimination.

Last year, Washington began issuing marriage licenses for same-sex couples and in 2009, it began recognizing gay marriages performed elsewhere.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_supreme_court_gay_marriage

How does some poison-religion preacher from Maryland get any standing in DC?

Any nut can file a suit.

Sure.  And it can, will, and apparently has been rejected for lack of standing.

My money says this guy - on the other half of his cognitive dissonanced brain - is a state's rights advocate.
Last I heard he was listing someone else's apartment as his permanent address to get standing and voting rights in DC. The election board was looking into it but I don't know if it went anywhere.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/jackson-now-must-prove-dc-residency
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Adios

Chicago, LOL

Dozens of suspects — almost all of them black men — claimed for decades that Burge and his officers tortured them into confessing to crimes ranging from armed robbery to murder.

Prosecutors presented testimony at trial from five men — Anthony Holmes, Melvin Jones, Andrew Wilson, Gregory Banks and Shadeed Mu'min — who claimed Burge or his men put plastic bags over their heads until they passed out, stuck guns in their mouths or shocked them with electric currents.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41169778/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

As a decorated Chicago police lieutenant, Jon Burge prided himself on sending bad guys to prison by getting them to confess to terrible crimes — and by committing terrible crimes himself in the process, prosecutors say.

If this guy is not convicted I predict Chicago will burn again.

Adios

Three police officers -- two St. Petersburg, Florida, officers and a deputy U.S. marshal -- were shot and wounded while serving an arrest warrant on a St. Petersburg home, authorities said.

All three officers were taken to a local hospital after the incident, which occurred just before 7 a.m., St. Petersburg police spokesman Mike Puetz said.

The marshal was in stable condition, Puetz told reporters, while the police officers were in critical condition.

The suspect remained inside the home, and authorities have heard nothing from him in nearly an hour, since the last gun volley with officers, Puetz said just after 10 a.m.

The three were trying to serve a felony warrant on charges of aggravated battery, said Puetz and U.S. Marshals spokesman Jeff Carter.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/24/florida.officers.shot/index.html?hpt=T2

The who opened fire on officers inside a Detroit police station had a relative who is scheduled to be sentenced for double homicide Monday, said the city's police chief, who he would not confirm that as the motive behind the attack.

"We can't speculate as to motive," Chief Ralph Godbee said in a press conference Monday. "There is nothing in this that makes sense at all," Godbee said.

Lamar Deshea Moore, 38, walked into a police precinct Sunday and "indiscriminately began firing," Godbee said. He was shot and killed by return gunfire from police, according to the chief.

Two of the four officers wounded in the shooting were hospitalized in stable condition on Monday, Godbee said. Cmdr. Brian Davis is recovering from a gunshot wound to back, and Sgt. Brian Anderson was grazed in the head, he said.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/24/michigan.shooting/index.html?hpt=T2

YeeHaw!

Adios

WTF

A 14-year-old boy died of exposure while walking home from a friend's house in the southwestern Alaska village of Kipnuk, Alaska State Troopers said.

The temperature was 50 degrees below zero, with winds up to 70 mph, local NBC station KTUU reported.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41246763/ns/weather/

Adios

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

WHERE'S THE BEEF?

An Alabama law firm claims in a lawsuit that Taco Bell is using false advertising when it refers to using "seasoned ground beef" or "seasoned beef" in its products.

The meat mixture sold by Taco Bell restaurants contains binders and extenders and does not meet the minimum requirements set by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to be labeled as "beef," according to the legal complaint.

The class-action lawsuit was filed Friday in federal court in the Central District of California by the Montgomery law firm Beasley, Allen, Crow, Methvin, Portis & Miles.

Attorney Dee Miles said attorneys had Taco Bell's "meat mixture" tested and found it contained less that 35 percent beef.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41242132/ns/business-consumer_news/

Adios

I just saw a commercial on TV from a lawyer. They are representing people against Darvon and Darvocet.

"If you or a loved one have suffered sudden death, call today. You may be entitled to compensation."

:argh!:

Sister Fracture

There's tons of those. Do you take darvocet?
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on February 01, 2011, 08:58:06 PM
I just saw a commercial on TV from a lawyer. They are representing people against Darvon and Darvocet.

"If you or a loved one have suffered sudden death, call today. You may be entitled to compensation."

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Quote from: Sister Fracture on February 01, 2011, 10:55:04 PM

Nope, but I think you missed the funnay there.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Charley Brown on February 02, 2011, 05:47:09 PM
Quote from: Sister Fracture on February 01, 2011, 10:55:04 PM

Nope, but I think you missed the funnay there.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Sounds like a sitcom. A psychic lawyer filing lawsuits from beyond the grave.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

*GrumpButt*

*sigh* You have to be kidding me.

Sister Fracture

Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.