News:

That's okay, I know how to turn my washing machine into a centrifuge if need be.

Main Menu

Unlimited Maine/LePage Hilarity Thread

Started by AFK, January 17, 2011, 05:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Ooh, and I have to share this priceless comment from the FAcebook posting of this article:

Quotegood...you people don't know what is going on in Lewiston do you. it's been taken over by war refugees. that brake laws all the time.

I dunno what paper this jackass is reading, but the daily Police log is usually filled with people who broke the law that have FRENCH names, not Somali.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

AFK

Things are a lot better now, but there is still a significant chunk of the old French population who absolutely despise the Somalis that have resettled here.  They think that they're all lazy, committing crimes, and secretly plotting to invoke Sharia Law.  Oh, and that they're sucking up all of the resources in the area.  Which is all nonsense.  The poor French whites here are using more social services and state assistance resources than the Somalis.  But, like other dumbass Conservatives, they don't have time for silly things like facts. 

Cain

See, to my way of thinking, being lazy, committing crimes and trying to institute Sharia Law are all incompatible.  Can you lazily implement a foreign body of legal rulings which infringe on everyday aspects of life?  Crimes, done properly, take time and effort, especially if you don't want to end up in jail.  And criminals suffer rather badly under Shariah.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on January 27, 2011, 01:22:26 PM
See, to my way of thinking, being lazy, committing crimes and trying to institute Sharia Law are all incompatible.  Can you lazily implement a foreign body of legal rulings which infringe on everyday aspects of life?  Crimes, done properly, take time and effort, especially if you don't want to end up in jail.  And criminals suffer rather badly under Shariah.

:mittens:

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: RWHN, MPP on January 27, 2011, 01:12:25 PM
Ooh, and I have to share this priceless comment from the FAcebook posting of this article:

Quotegood...you people don't know what is going on in Lewiston do you. it's been taken over by war refugees. that brake laws all the time.

I dunno what paper this jackass is reading, but the daily Police log is usually filled with people who broke the law that have FRENCH names, not Somali.  
See, this is exactly why you need this anti-illegal immigration bill. Someone has to stop the influx of dirty Canadian trying to steal yer jobs and yer womens.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

AFK

Well, if it gets them out of my Wal-Mart I'll be happy. 

AFK

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=146428&catid=2

QuoteAUGUSTA, Maine (AP) -- A legislative committee will hear the pros and cons of making whoopie pies Maine's official state dessert.

Republican Rep. Paul Davis of Sangerville takes his bill before the state and Local Government Committee on Monday.

University of Maine Foundation President Amos Orcutt says other states have official desserts. Massachusetts, for example, has the Boston cream pie. And Maine's named Moxie the state's official soft drink.

Orcutt says he wants Maine to act quickly before Pennsylvania claims credit for the whoopie pie -- creamy frosting sandwiched by a pair of chocolate cakes.

Davis' bill has drawn some editorial flak. The Sun Journal of Lewiston wonders what a session of the Maine Legislature would be without the occasional "nutty, pointless, irrelevant bill" making its way into law.

Cain

What about Maine's Official Afternoon Snack For When You Know You Wont Last To Dinner As You're Feeling Peckish Right Now, But You're Too Lazy To Make Something Involving Effort And So Want Something Quick And Easy?

If you don't choose that soon, other states will steal snacks invented in Maine first, and you'll all be screwed.

AFK

I will just note, for any of you Spags who may decide to come to Maine for vacation. 

I would advise against mixing our state beverage Moxie with our maybe-soon-to-be State Dessert, the whoopie pie. 

Not exactly a great taste combination. 

Jenne

From what I hear, Moxie is ass anyway.  That was from an NPR report I heard on it a while back.

This self-righteous chauvinistic pendulum swing is rather lulzy, if sad when compared to what government should be spending time and money on instead.

AFK

Moxie is alright.  It certainly is more of a sipping soda, unless you want to grow lesions in your throat. 

I made a mistake once of going to the Moxie festival too which happens just one town over from where I work.  A very bizarre community ritual that is. 

AFK

In the early days of the new administration, Governor LePage, former General Manager of Marden's, quipped that there would be a new snow policy for State Government.  If Marden's was open, the State would be open. 

Well, unsurprisingly, it didn't take too long before he failed to live up to that pledge:

http://www.sunjournal.com/river-valley/story/980576

Quote"He's been at it since we opened this morning," Sirois said. "He'll get a part cleared out and it just fills in again. It's been really coming down fast. We opened up at 9 and we intend on being here most of the day."

That's why she reacted with surprise when she was told that Gov. Paul LePage, former general manager of the Marden's chain, closed Maine government offices at noon, sending workers home.

"Oh, they did close?" she asked.

Last month, LePage spokesman Dan Demeritt quipped that the governor's attitude toward his predecessor's snow days, was, "The rule of thumb is: if Marden's is open, Maine is open."

Sirois suddenly turned to face the clerks and said, "Paul closed the state at noon! Oh, gosh, I've got to call him. I've got to call the governor and tell him that Marden's is still open!"

We can haz new Governor now pleaz?

Jenne

:lulz:  What's the phrase?--you are getting the governor you deserve?  Or at least the one you all voted for.  Maybe it's a good lesson for Maine, I dunno.  Schwarzenegger's defeats will certainly NOT be Brown's triumphs here in CA, that's for damned sure.  But still and all, I'm glad to see the governator gone.