News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

Are YOU allergic to your own semen?

Started by ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞, January 18, 2011, 10:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Reuters
Semen allergy suspected in rare post-orgasm illness

LONDON (Reuters) - A mysterious syndrome in which men come down with a flu-like illness after an orgasm may be caused by an allergy to semen, Dutch scientists said on Monday.

Men with the condition, known as post orgasmic illness syndrome or POIS and documented in medical journals since 2002, get flu-like symptoms such as feverishness, runny nose, extreme fatigue and burning eyes immediately after they ejaculate. Symptoms can last for up to week.

Marcel Waldinger, a professor of sexual psychopharmacology at Utrecht University in the Netherlands, published two studies in the Journal of Sexual Medicine which suggest that men with POIS have an allergy to their own semen, and that a treatment known as hyposensitization therapy can help reduce its impact.

:lulz:

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

AFK

There's a vaccination for that.

Get married.

:rimshot:

Hey, I didn't say anything about giving up jokes. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Richter

"Hyposensitization Therapy" =?= "SHUT UP AND SWALLOW."
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Quote from: Richter on January 18, 2011, 05:01:20 PM

Hyposensitization Therapy = GET INJECTED WITH SMALL AMOUNTS OF YOUR OWN SEMEN FOR 5 YEARS!

Whatever

Quote from: ☄ · · · N E T · · · ☄ on January 18, 2011, 07:59:05 PM
Quote from: Richter on January 18, 2011, 05:01:20 PM

Hyposensitization Therapy = GET INJECTED WITH SMALL AMOUNTS OF YOUR OWN SEMEN FOR 5 YEARS!

And that is just how long they are willing to give you the shots, if you are still allergic after 5 years, you either suffer thru it or go celibate.  The study I saw said that if they couldn't relieve symptoms after 5 years, they showed no improvement in continued treatments in test subjects.

That sucks.  "I'm sorry, everytime you have fulfilling sex you will have an acute allergic reaction and be miserable for up to a week, and there is not a damn thing we can do..... "

How terrible is that?

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on January 18, 2011, 08:51:29 PM
Quote from: ☄ · · · N E T · · · ☄ on January 18, 2011, 07:59:28 PM
Quote from: Joh'Nyx on January 18, 2011, 01:02:00 PM

Sometimes i get that.  :|

Really?

Yes, but not always. But symptoms only last about a day.

That's even more bizarre.

Is it bad enough that you'd have nurses inject you with your own semen?

The Johnny

Quote from: ☄ · · · N E T · · · ☄ on January 18, 2011, 09:48:57 PM
Quote from: Joh'Nyx on January 18, 2011, 08:51:29 PM
Quote from: ☄ · · · N E T · · · ☄ on January 18, 2011, 07:59:28 PM
Quote from: Joh'Nyx on January 18, 2011, 01:02:00 PM

Sometimes i get that.  :|

Really?

Yes, but not always. But symptoms only last about a day.

That's even more bizarre.

Is it bad enough that you'd have nurses inject you with your own semen?

No way bro! That would like, totally be gay!

:spag:

Also, it probably doesnt even work, and i dont like needles except when its essential.

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

-B.F. Skinner

Cramulus

Quote from: Reuters
Men with the condition, known as post orgasmic illness syndrome or POIS and documented in medical journals since 2002, get symptoms such as extreme fatigue, disenchantment with their partner, remorse, and an inability to return phone calls. Symptoms can last for up to week.

fixed

Elder Iptuous

wow. that would suck.  :sad:

as an aside, does anybody else here have any anesthetic properties to their presentation?

AFK

Well, my PowerPoints have been known to put people to sleep.  Does that count? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.