News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

Post removed by poster.

Started by ~, January 19, 2011, 02:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

I just recalled how much history I have at that place.  Sad to see it go. :(

LMNO

Hey, maybe we can track down Trollax and offer to sell it back to him... and then invade it again.

AFK

Sell it to Luke, we need a good adversarial site.  It could be like pd.org all over again. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 19, 2011, 07:23:26 PM
Hey, maybe we can track down Trollax and offer to sell it back to him... and then invade it again.

It was Daven and Hugh, I thought.   :?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2011, 07:37:41 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 19, 2011, 07:23:26 PM

It was Daven and Hugh, I thought.   :?

I dunno.  I was just there to fuck with them. 

Cain

Daven and Trollax.

Hugh was over there being less of a douchebag than usual* being a douchebag to the right people, so it's technically right...

*edited for logical impossibility

East Coast Hustle

I thought SMFabal owned the website and Daven and Trollax were just the admins?

Either way, it's too bad we don't have those two to kick around.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

maphdet

:sad:

Even though I do not post much-I'll still miss being able to go to the Grill.

Thanks for running it this long guys.
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

Cain

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on January 19, 2011, 08:06:26 PM
I thought SMFabal owned the website and Daven and Trollax were just the admins?

Either way, it's too bad we don't have those two to kick around.

Yeah, that is correct.  I think Hugh was an admin or something too, at some point.  Maybe a mod.

Faust

As I said in the other thread, I have saved everything from the lecturn over at the bar and grill (bella and liam, sorry about mining the site).
The link to everything from that specific forum is
http://www.filesonic.com/file/61001913/The_Lecturn.zip

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Bella

Quote from: Faust on January 20, 2011, 01:27:55 AM
As I said in the other thread, I have saved everything from the lecturn over at the bar and grill (bella and liam, sorry about mining the site).
The link to everything from that specific forum is
http://www.filesonic.com/file/61001913/The_Lecturn.zip

No problem, Faust. We're hoping everybody takes the time to mine whatever they'd like to save. That's why we gave a couple of months notice. :)
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Kai

Man, seriously? Wow. Truly an end of an era, as Roger said.

Not really sure what to think right now. I know its ending with no hard feelings, but so much of my life went into that site. It's not the same as if PD.com was going under, but still prominent.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Bella

Quote from: Liam on January 19, 2011, 03:03:33 AM
so, uh, yeah, keep that whacky whacky outlandish flag of discord flying fellas and ladies.

{edit}

anyone wants the domain hit me or my wife up on facebook or whatever, and its all yours.

Woo. Yeah. 23ZomgpIneal~! Stoke your fnords and whatnot. Laters.

Okay, the bar and grill has a new home and will be moving house again soon!  I'm very pleased that Captain Utopia has offered to both host and manage the forums.  Liam and Dan and I are going to be doing a little housecleaning, after which we'll unadmin ourselves and hand over the keys.

EB&G has been dying a slow and painful death for a while now and I'm hoping that this change will give the forums a much needed jump start.  Thank you all for your kind words in this thread and for saving so much material from the Bar and Grill - I appreciate you guys. And now Liam and my sister, Zorga, and I are going out to eat Thai food and get roaring drunk in honor of the Bar and Grill's second shot at life. :)
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Faust

Its good to see that it will be sticking about, there are very few discordian forums out there.
Sleepless nights at the chateau