News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Reid calls Jintao a dictator

Started by Adios, January 19, 2011, 03:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

"I am going to go back to Washington tomorrow and meet with the president of China. He is a dictator," Reid told local TV talk show "Face to Face with Jon Ralston." "He can do a lot of things through the form of government they have."

The inflammatory remarks were made after Ralston asked if Reid thought the lame-duck tax cut deal was a good one. The Nevada senator quickly backtracked from his statement.

"Maybe I shouldn't have said dictator, but they have a different type of government than we have and that's an understatement," Reid said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2011/01/19/2011-01-19_harry_reid_senate_majority_leader_calls_chinese_president_hu_jintao_a_dictator_.html#ixzz1BUm8Ybhc

Is it my imagination or was that jealousy?  :?

Cain

If Jintao had been quicker and more intent on burning bridges, he could have quoted Julius Nyerere and replied "The United States is also a one-party state. But with typical American extravagance, they have two of them."

I would have.  Which probably explains why the Diplomatic Corps burn all of my applications to join them.

Adios

Quote from: Cain on January 19, 2011, 04:51:44 PM
If Jintao had been quicker and more intent on burning bridges, he could have quoted Julius Nyerere and replied "The United States is also a one-party state. But with typical American extravagance, they have two of them."

I would have.  Which probably explains why the Diplomatic Corps burn all of my applications to join them.

:lulz:

Can't imagine why.......

Whatever

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 19, 2011, 04:57:44 PM

Can't imagine why.......

I for one support the claim that they are afraid of his terrible awesomeness and that he will make all the rest look like the idiots.

AFK

Just on a slight side note:  I have to imagine that the people of Nevada had a quick sigh of relief when Reid beat out Angle in the election.  But then quickly realized, "Oh, yeah, now we're stuck with Harry Reid for another 6 years."

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: RWHN, MPP on January 19, 2011, 05:11:30 PM
Just on a slight side note:  I have to imagine that the people of Nevada had a quick sigh of relief when Reid beat out Angle in the election.  But then quickly realized, "Oh, yeah, now we're stuck with Harry Reid for another 6 years."

The lesser of two evils is still evil.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Blight on January 19, 2011, 05:13:19 PM

That's why you have to vote for the funny one.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 19, 2011, 05:20:22 PM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on January 19, 2011, 05:13:19 PM

That's why you have to vote for the funny one.

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cramulus

:mittens:

Phox

Cain, if there are any governments left when I start taking over Pacific islands and declare sovereignty, you can be the head of my foreign relations department. You get a bonus for each country that declares war, drops bombs, or sends assassins (directed at either of us).