News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

Muslim prejudice in U.K.

Started by Adios, January 20, 2011, 03:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

'Social rejection'

The BBC's religious affairs correspondent Robert Pigott said Baroness Warsi is to say publicly what many Muslims privately complain about - that prejudice against them does not attract the social stigma attached to prejudice against other religious and ethnic groups.
Continue reading the main story
"Start Quote

It's not a big leap of imagination to predict where the talk of 'moderate' Muslims leads"

End Quote Baroness Warsi

* Send your comments

"Lady Warsi has broached the issue before," Robert Pigott says.

"She told the 2009 Conservative Party conference that anti-Muslim hatred had become Britain's last socially acceptable form of bigotry, and claimed in a magazine article last October that taking a pop at the Muslim community in the media sold papers and didn't really matter."

In her speech, she is expected to say the description of Muslims as either moderate or extremist encourages false assumptions.

"It's not a big leap of imagination to predict where the talk of 'moderate' Muslims leads; in the factory, where they've just hired a Muslim worker, the boss says to his employees: 'Not to worry, he's only fairly Muslim'," she will say.

"In the school, the kids say: 'The family next door are Muslim but they're not too bad'.

"And in the road, as a woman walks past wearing a burka, the passers-by think: 'That woman's either oppressed or is making a political statement'."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12235237

Have any of our UK members seen this in action?

Cain

Just read any paper, especially the tabloids, but also the Telegraph and certain writers for the Guardian, Independent and Times.  How many bullshit Muslim scare stories can you handle?  "Muslims threatening prominent British Jews, including Sir Alan Sugar", for instance, was invented by an "anti-terrorism" expert working for the Sun newspaper and posting on a popular Muslim site under a false name (other site members suggested writing to said prominent Jews to ask them to speak out on behalf of the people of Gaza, not bomb them).  The special Muslim swimming pool rules that weren't.  Muslims responsible for graffiti on a British military base, despite the only Muslims living in the area being a couple of 40+ prosperous businessmen.  Muslim pedophiles are preying on white British girls was the most recent one, despite any quick Google search confirming most pedophiles are white, as you would expect in a country made up of mostly white people.

Baroness Warsi is probably one of the worst people in the Tory Party, IMO, but she is pretty much right on this score.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 20, 2011, 08:28:06 PM
Muslim pedophiles are preying on white British girls was the most recent one,

Oooooh, that's a dandy!  Someone's been paying attention to anti-integration propaganda from 1920-1970.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Quote from: Cain on January 20, 2011, 08:28:06 PM
Just read any paper, especially the tabloids, but also the Telegraph and certain writers for the Guardian, Independent and Times.  How many bullshit Muslim scare stories can you handle?  "Muslims threatening prominent British Jews, including Sir Alan Sugar", for instance, was invented by an "anti-terrorism" expert working for the Sun newspaper and posting on a popular Muslim site under a false name (other site members suggested writing to said prominent Jews to ask them to speak out on behalf of the people of Gaza, not bomb them).  The special Muslim swimming pool rules that weren't.  Muslims responsible for graffiti on a British military base, despite the only Muslims living in the area being a couple of 40+ prosperous businessmen.  Muslim pedophiles are preying on white British girls was the most recent one, despite any quick Google search confirming most pedophiles are white, as you would expect in a country made up of mostly white people.

Baroness Warsi is probably one of the worst people in the Tory Party, IMO, but she is pretty much right on this score.

I remember people from the south when I was young: "He's a nigger, but he's a goodun." I remember some of those other stories.

Cain

Yes, and his name is Jack Straw, former Labour Cabinet Minister, previously best known for being a radical in the 60s and having an MI5 file on him, then having his spine removed and throwing around bizarre, unfounded accusations at Muslims

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8247607/Pakistani-men-see-white-girls-as-easy-meat-claims-Jack-Straw.html

Of course, the truth is http://www.justice.gov.uk/stats-race-criminal-justice-system-07-08-revised.pdf (for those who don't want to click, Lancashire police arrested 627 people for sexual offences. 0.3% of these were Pakistanis. That's two people. 85.5% were white British. In Lancashire, there are 1,296,900 white Brits and 45,000 Pakistanis. This means that 4.163 per 10,000 white Brits were arrested for a sex crime, compared to 0.44 Pakistanis)

Adios

Somehow the truth makes a lot more sense.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Jenne

...the thing is, this is the type of thing that incites what the British fear most:  "insurgency" amongst their own neighbors.  For a while now there's been a backlash against the organized extremists that have been gathered piecemeal and in droves, depending on where they are in the UK, for fear they're going to bomb and create more chaos.

But not accepting immigrants who are different-looking-and-speaking into the fold breeds the very worst of all of it.  My husband's cousin who lives in the UK since the late '90's explained it to us thus.  That the majority of Muslims are peaceable, do their own thing, a large portion live on othe dole, yes, but their kids are actually educated and work their asses off.  We saw that in action ourselves when we visited a couple of years ago.

However, the snotty attitude that "Muslims are taking over" (the shitty looks I saw on folks' faces as I entered a bus with my cousin-in-law come to mind, but perhaps my back was just up) seems to incite badness on the campuses and within the mosques.  There are immams who take advantage and do organize the ruffians of the lot, and another of my husband's cousins is like this.  A total asshole, he is, and he looks like a gangster.  He was in the UK not 6 mos and had already been arrested and in hospital for gang-type fighting.

So basically this shit is just going to keep circling back on itself till someone moves on.  And we all know how easily that is done and how quickly as well.

Slyph

Your modern type of racist is not consistent in his racism. Your modern type of person is not consistent in his beliefs, but reactive.

People feel that they can vote BNP all they want but they aren't technically racist if they accommodate a "few good spades" into their worldview.

Shub-Crackerath

OK, accepted. Whitey fears/hates the brown man.
This isn't a one way street here though, there is some duplex.

http://www.BBC.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11744811

although I'd be keen to learn the statistics in relation to white racehate vs brown racehate.

I was personally attacked the other month by a gang of eight 16 -19 year old British kids of Pakistani linage, I managed to run like fuck away taking only two blows to the head, they were shouting racist shit at me throughout.

This shit is going too far.

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 20, 2011, 09:28:34 PM

FTR Charlie, in my experience, if The Truth is making sense, then you probably don't understand it properly.

Adios

Quote from: Shub-Crackerath on January 23, 2011, 11:10:23 AM
OK, accepted. Whitey fears/hates the brown man.
This isn't a one way street here though, there is some duplex.

http://www.BBC.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11744811

although I'd be keen to learn the statistics in relation to white racehate vs brown racehate.

I was personally attacked the other month by a gang of eight 16 -19 year old British kids of Pakistani linage, I managed to run like fuck away taking only two blows to the head, they were shouting racist shit at me throughout.

This shit is going too far.

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 20, 2011, 09:28:34 PM

FTR Charlie, in my experience, if The Truth is making sense, then you probably don't understand it properly.

Typical. Whitey even thinks he has the monopoly on hatred.  :)

Jenne

...yeah, I think I pretty much already said one is begetting the other...but it's sad people on this board are being attacked, by whomever, period.

Shub-Crackerath

I wish no harm on those kids man, far from it, I truly hope they find their way out of those cycles. But this whole dualistic "Us" and "Them" bullshit is dreary. And there are far better reasons to hate people than where they're from or what colour they are or what ethos they hold True.
Like "He killed innocents" or "She's an arsehole!" or even "I don't like his tie"

Meh, I know I'm probably preaching to the choir but hate itself has become rather dreary too, do you not think?

Adios

Quote from: Shub-Crackerath on January 23, 2011, 10:07:20 PM
I wish no harm on those kids man, far from it, I truly hope they find their way out of those cycles. But this whole dualistic "Us" and "Them" bullshit is dreary. And there are far better reasons to hate people than where they're from or what colour they are or what ethos they hold True.
Like "He killed innocents" or "She's an arsehole!" or even "I don't like his tie"

Meh, I know I'm probably preaching to the choir but hate itself has become rather dreary too, do you not think?

Yes, I do think.