News:

PD.com: "I'M MADDER THAN FISH GREASE!"

Main Menu

If someone

Started by Adios, January 20, 2011, 06:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

doesn't remove that motherfucking flashing t shirt add at the bottom of this page my fucking head is going to explode.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 20, 2011, 06:02:25 PM
doesn't remove that motherfucking flashing t shirt add at the bottom of this page my fucking head is going to explode.

Agreed.  I have been seething in hatred all morning.

Advertisments, okay, I fully understand the need for them.  Flashing advertisements make me automatically not even consider the product, whether that ad be here or elsewhere.  You could be advertising a Kim Kardashian clone giveaway, and I'd skip right past it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Whatever

Oh I know how you feel...

THE FUCKER WON'T GO AWAY!!! :argh!:

AFK

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2011, 06:06:22 PM

Advertisments, okay, I fully understand the need for them.  Flashing advertisements make me automatically not even consider the product, whether that ad be here or elsewhere.  You could be advertising a Kim Kardashian clone giveaway, and I'd skip right past it.

That, and she'd be kind of hard to hide.  I mean, how would I explain that to my wife?

"Uhh, surprise honey!  We have an au pair!"
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: RWHN, MPP on January 20, 2011, 06:07:43 PM

That, and she'd be kind of hard to hide.  I mean, how would I explain that to my wife?

I would call Nurse Enabler and BRAG about it. 

"Hey, honey!  Betcha can't guess what I'm doing!"

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Whatever

Quote from: RWHN, MPP on January 20, 2011, 06:07:43 PM

Dammit RWHN....

:spittake:

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, I could drain the silicon out of her lips alone, and reseal the reactor vessels at work.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2011, 06:13:34 PM
Also, I could drain the silicon out of her lips alone, and reseal the reactor vessels at work.

:lulz:

Cramulus

that ad does blow

right click on it to grab the address
then add it to your list of blocked pages

if you're using Opera, you can just right click, press "block content" and then click on the banner.

Adios

Quote from: Cramulus on January 20, 2011, 06:37:39 PM
that ad does blow

right click on it to grab the address
then add it to your list of blocked pages

if you're using Opera, you can just right click, press "block content" and then click on the banner.

Holy shit. THANK YOU!!!!!

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, if you were at a bar or a party, and someone was wearing that shirt, would you:

A.  Think "HOLY SHIT that's cool!  I want to drink with this obvious party animal!",

B.  Try to find someone interesting to talk to, and make contrived excuses to go to the bathroom each time that shirt-wearing person spoke to you, or

C.  Point at the nerd and bray laughter, possibly explaining that the shirt might have been acceptable in, say, 1985.  Inside out.  At a Winger concert. 

Faust

If the thread title had been more descriptive I would have seen this earlier, I can remove it, any annoying adverts can be blocked.

I've contacted the guy asking him to use an alternative, if its not gone by morning I'll remove it.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Adios

Whatever

Quote from: Faust on January 20, 2011, 10:13:45 PM
If the thread title had been more descriptive I would have seen this earlier, I can remove it, any annoying adverts can be blocked.

I've contacted the guy asking him to use an alternative, if its not gone by morning I'll remove it.

Faust your are my hero and I love you!!!!

I wasn't able to make it go away so I've just stayed at the top of threads all day :oops:

Faust

I'd remove it immediately (it it horrendous) but the guy is spending money on having it there so I thought I'd at least approach him about it and give him a chance to do something about it before just pulling it.
Sorry guys, in the meantime crams suggestion of adblock or opera's block function will have to do.
Sleepless nights at the chateau