News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

A Subject Suitable for Apple Talk, part I of ?...Or, The Thread We All Deserve.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 22, 2011, 12:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Telarus on January 22, 2011, 02:30:31 AM
Proceeds to claw his pre-frontal cortex out.

:argh!:

:horrormirth:

Of course you realize, this is only going to get worse.

But it's no more than we deserve.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, good, a spiteful thread all about putting effort into producing pure shit, because it's way too much work (and you might not have a BIG ENOUGH AUDIENCE) to put actual content in the actual content sections, and should someone mention that Apple Talk is supposedly the crap ghetto, that means, obviously, that they are demanding more crap.

And then PD was Fark. You're right; this IS the PD you deserve.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Maybe you can start being extra nice to n00bs and trolls, next. To increase your viewer base.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on January 22, 2011, 02:51:01 AM
Maybe you can start being extra nice to n00bs and trolls, next. To increase your viewer base.

I don't understand the hostility, Nigel.  I'm only trying to have a good time, and sometimes you just have to take things to the wall to make that happen.

TGRR,
Even smiling makes my face ache.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 22, 2011, 02:54:35 AM

I don't understand the hostility, Nigel.  I'm only trying to have a good time, and sometimes you just have to take things to the wall to make that happen.

TGRR,

We need to invite Uncle BadTouch. It's just not 23ae until we invite Uncle BadTouch.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on January 22, 2011, 02:56:12 AM

TGRR,

We need to invite Uncle BadTouch. It's just not 23ae until we invite Uncle BadTouch.

Careful what you wish for.  He still lurks here every now and again.

However, I am just a little puzzled that you are objecting to something being taken over the top, especially given the circumstances, or - in this case - the lack of them.   This wasn't a slam, after all.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 22, 2011, 02:58:47 AM
Quote from: Nigel on January 22, 2011, 02:56:12 AM

TGRR,

Careful what you wish for.  He still lurks here every now and again.

However, I am just a little puzzled that you are objecting to something being taken over the top, especially given the circumstances, or - in this case - the lack of them.   This wasn't a slam, after all.

All right.

I admit that I took it wrong. Maybe it's the near-total lack of sleep due to Mr. Language having a horrible, crippling anxiety attack most of last night, or maybe it's PMS, or maybe it's dealing with my utter asshole (Mr. MBA) ex, but my sense of humor seems to have given way to a pounding, demanding bitterness and urge to destroy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on January 22, 2011, 03:08:39 AM

All right.

I admit that I took it wrong. Maybe it's the near-total lack of sleep due to Mr. Language having a horrible, crippling anxiety attack most of last night, or maybe it's PMS, or maybe it's dealing with my utter asshole (Mr. MBA) ex, but my sense of humor seems to have given way to a pounding, demanding bitterness and urge to destroy.

1.  Anxiety attacks suck ass, if they're half as bad as a panic attack.

2.  WTF is this shit about MBAstard "fronting" you the money for camp?  How is he not paying for it? 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 22, 2011, 03:14:13 AM
Quote from: Nigel on January 22, 2011, 03:08:39 AM

All right.

1.  Anxiety attacks suck ass, if they're half as bad as a panic attack.

2.  WTF is this shit about MBAstard "fronting" you the money for camp?  How is he not paying for it?  

Him: "Can you afford to pay for half of summer camp this year?"

Me: "I really can't, I'm behind on my mortgage"

Him: "Well you can tell the kids they won't be able to go, then"

Me: "Fuuuuuck. OK, I'll put it on a credit card or something" (thinking, summer camp, won't have to pay for a while)

Him: "OK That's $657.38 please, you can pay me back through Paypal"

This asshole just got his MBA and a sizable inheritance, hasn't had a job in years, lives off his wife, and has never paid child support. In fact, I forgave him several thousand in back child support several years ago because he was in a rough spot.

Mr. Language's anxiety attack, maybe a panic attack because I can't tell the difference, was horrible. He was nearly paralyzed. I've never seen anyone like that before.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on January 22, 2011, 03:21:05 AM
and has never paid child support. In fact, I forgave him several thousand in back child support several years ago because he was in a rough spot.

Mr. Language's anxiety attack, maybe a panic attack because I can't tell the difference, was horrible. He was nearly paralyzed. I've never seen anyone like that before.

1.  Then you're even, I'd say.  Fuck him, tell him to shit in one hand and hope in the other.  In fact, tell him to shit in one hand, and shit in the other.

2.  That's a panic attack.  I used to get them 3 times a week.  It usually involved falling down on my office floor for an hour, if you recall.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OH OH OH

And best of all, nobody is quite clear on how that piece of shit managed to land another wife, but she's really nice, and he, apparently mistaking non-monogamy for being an unethical slimeball, seems to think it's OK to tell Mr. Language and I that he was planning on cheating on her. While she was pregnant. With prostitutes. He can't seem to comprehend that we have absolutely nothing in common with him and are horrified.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 22, 2011, 03:23:59 AM
and has never paid child support. In fact, I forgave him several thousand in back child support several years ago because he was in a rough spot.

1.  Then you're even, I'd say.  Fuck him, tell him to shit in one hand and hope in the other.  In fact, tell him to shit in one hand, and shit in the other.

2.  That's a panic attack.  I used to get them 3 times a week.  It usually involved falling down on my office floor for an hour, if you recall.

:x

I've never been present when someone was having one. It's awful.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on January 22, 2011, 03:24:38 AM
OH OH OH

And best of all, nobody is quite clear on how that piece of shit managed to land another wife, but she's really nice, and he, apparently mistaking non-monogamy for being an unethical slimeball, seems to think it's OK to tell Mr. Language and I that he was planning on cheating on her. While she was pregnant. With prostitutes. He can't seem to comprehend that we have absolutely nothing in common with him and are horrified.

They sell these little dictaphones, you know, they look just like a ballpoint pen, and can store about a gig.  They don't run much, and they're no end of fun while dealing with someone like your ex.

Not blackmail, of course, that's illegal.  It also implies that there would be something he could do that would prevent the file from getting into his wife's hands, which should not be the case.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on January 22, 2011, 03:25:26 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 22, 2011, 03:23:59 AM

:x

I've never been present when someone was having one. It's awful.

Yeah, they can look like a heart attack or a stroke.  It's scary as fuck.  More for him than you...You never do get used to them.

Of course, if you've actually HAD a "cardiac event", there's no comparison...But you can't tell that to someone who doesn't know the difference (which is the difference between "locking up" and "having God stomp on your chest").

Mild synthetic valium works wonders.  Lorazapam pretty much put an end to them (alongside losing weight, which isn't his problem).