News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

A hell-oh from meh

Started by Felis V, January 23, 2011, 04:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 24, 2011, 02:20:28 PM
Really, Phox?

The guy made ONE post. Sure it was somewhat on the pineal side, but on the other hand the message was perfectly clear: "Hi I'm new, you may know me from having made the Devival page on Wikipedia" -- wasn't really that hard to understand was it?

WTF is wrong with writing it down in a strange and funny manner? Actually WTF is wrong with YOU?!

Does it make your ego bigger to do this or something? Do you think THIS is what PD is all about? In that case, maybe you should do well to read a bunch of those introductory threads yourself.

The reason we shit on the zany pineal n00bs is when they're producing absolutely incoherent word salad babble that nobody can understand.

Or, if this guy is going to continue writing like that.

Everyone who shows up at PD with their pance all full of zaniness gets this.  You know that, trip.  Hell, EOT got hammered, and he hung around...Without changing his style. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

Oh absolutely I know that. There's just a slight difference between "you owe me a new pair of underpants, fucker" and going straight out all "Nobody gives a flying fuck, and we already hate you." and "ATTN: Fuckface", if all he did wrong was post just ONE zany introduction post, that wasn't even that bad IMO.

As Phox said, that may have been a bit harsh. I mean, for right away. But now she added the emotes and I think it's just the right level of friendly punch in the face.

It's just that, I dunno, getting that amount of abuse after just one post, I was afraid he wouldn't come back at all. Either to stop posting zany, or turn out fine, OR to continue and justify all the hate shitting.

But if he doesn't come back, the zany/hate scale will be all lopsided.

You know, like this:

(but then the other way around)

anyway, I just felt I needed to push back a little cause while introducing yourself with something zany is frowned upon, even hated, a reaction as harsh as this I was afraid he wouldn't come back for his second post. ever! and I dunno if it was an obvious troll that'd be fine, but a misguided n00b is allowed to learn from his mistakes. sorry I know people don't like when I comment on that sort of thing. but I think it was justified.

either way, it's all good like this.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Adios

Are there really groups of Discordians out there who talk to each other like that?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 24, 2011, 04:11:24 PM
Are there really groups of Discordians out there who talk to each other like that?

The Myspace Discordians were a hoot.  A few of them had a perpetual hardon for me.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 24, 2011, 04:12:33 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on January 24, 2011, 04:11:24 PM

The Myspace Discordians were a hoot.  A few of them had a perpetual hardon for me.

Did they ever figure out what year it was?