News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

I GOT A CROCK POT FOR CHRISTMAS.

Started by Suu, January 03, 2011, 01:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Quote from: Suu on January 24, 2011, 04:38:46 AM
I'm doing buffalo wings tomorrow, I'll put them in when I get home from work so they should done when I get out of class at 6:45.  :fap:

Then I'm doing pulled pork later this week. I have a fucking PORK SHOULDER in my freezah!

You'll have to tell me how the wings do.  This is again something I've seen but never tried.  Are you starting them frozen or thawed?  (I cringe at asking that in case it's a "duuuh!" type question)

LMNO

Aren't buffalo wings supposed to be deep fried?

Or at least have crispy skin?  I'm fairly sure if you do wings in a crock pot, they'll have a much softer texture.

Jenne

Yeah, they basically fall apart in ooey gooeyness.  Still good though.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Suu

Quote from: Jenne on January 24, 2011, 04:12:07 PM
Yeah, they basically fall apart in ooey gooeyness.  Still good though.

This. And you cook them for a shorter time. 4hrs on high.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

I'm not sure I want a gooey buffalo wing.  I want a crunchy wing slathered in Frank's Hot Sauce and butter.

But, I shall reserve final judgement.

Jenne

I think most of the wings I have out here aren't crunchy.  I like them ooey gooey with the sauce.  SLLLUUURRPP!

Suu

I didn't make them anyway. Putting the wings in the freezer and switching with pork shoulder so it can thaw by tomorrow night.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."