Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

Celery Soda

Started by Bruno, October 09, 2010, 04:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Bruno

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on January 22, 2011, 09:19:50 PM
Hey I found some of this shit at the bbq place.
Made by Dr Browns, which I think is sold all over

It was actually really good. I liked it.

I wish I could find some here to compare to the stuff I made.

Does it have HFCS or real sugar?
Formerly something else...

Shub-Crackerath

While we're on the subject of rather obscure sodas, the Matriarch and I had a rather puerile giggle fit when we picked up a can of this stuff at a local Chinese newsagent's shop.

Jenne

The Dr. Brown's sodas can be nasty, just saying.  I mean, we tried their Thanksgiving pack for a lark one year.  Yeah, gross enough to turn you off the holiday meal itself.  Turkey gravy soda?  No.  Just, no.

Sir Squid Diddimus

I didn't read the ingredients (cause then I probably wouldn't have tried it) but I'm pretty sure it was HFCS. That stuff has a pretty distinct taste to me.

I didn't know Dr Browns made other weird flavors. I remember Jones doing it though.

Sig- maybe if you google it you can find where they sell it near you? I have no idea really. I wasn't ever expecting to see this flavor. Ever.

It really just tasted like sweet and celery seed.

Jenne

Aw shit--it WAS Jones, not Dr. Browns--whoops!  Dr. Browns made that weird one before that I hated--gingerbeer?--*looks up*--ah! Creme.  I hated that one.  Had a funny aftertaste.

But Squid, you = 169% correct--it was the narsty Jones sodas that do that wonky thing with their flavors we tried.  Bleh.  Do NOT recommend.

Jasper

It appears to be sold mainly as far west as Chicago.  Weird.  I usually assume everything in this country is sold everywhere.