News:

Oceana has always been at war with Iraq

Main Menu

Republicans - party of rape, and kicking veterans

Started by Cain, January 28, 2011, 11:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on February 02, 2011, 06:14:19 PM
Jewish as an ethnicity is a post diaspora idea.  

Post link.  Thanks.

TGRR,
Has read Josephus.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 02, 2011, 06:17:12 PM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on February 02, 2011, 06:14:19 PM
Jewish as an ethnicity is a post diaspora idea.  

Post link.  Thanks.

TGRR,
Has read Josephus.

Depends on which diaspora....

There is currently no evidence outside the Bible to support a Jewish Nation until after Babylon had conquered the region and taken most of the tribal groups that lived in the area captive.

Ratatosk,
Has read Josephus as well :)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ratatosk on February 02, 2011, 06:19:51 PM

Okay, I'm leaving this conversation.  If I wanted to debate semantics with zealots, I'd go over to capitol grilling.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 02, 2011, 06:41:28 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on February 02, 2011, 06:19:51 PM

Okay, I'm leaving this conversation.  If I wanted to debate semantics with zealots, I'd go over to capitol grilling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_diaspora
QuoteThe Jewish diaspora (or simply the Diaspora), is the English term used to describe the Galut גלות (Yiddish: 'Galus'), or 'exile' that encompassed several forced expulsions of Israelites from what is now the states of Israel, Jordan and parts of Lebanon. The modern Hebrew term of Tefutzot תפוצות, "scattered", was introduced by the American academic Simon Rawidowicz in the 1930s[1] who to some degree argued for the acceptance of the Jewish presence outside of the Land of Israel as a modern reality and an inevitability.

The diaspora is commonly accepted to have begun with the 8th–6th century BCE conquests of the ancient kingdoms of Israel and Judah, destruction of the First Temple (c.586 BCE), and expulsion of the population, and is also associated with the destruction of the Second Temple and aftermath of the Bar Kokhba revolt during the Roman occupation of Judea in the 1st and 2nd centuries CE.

Which would be what I am talking about. There is no factual evidence from history or from archeology that supports the claim that a nation of Israel existed before the 6th century, not even archeological evidence of the First Temple.

However, there is plenty of evidence to support the Jews as a people before the second diaspora (ie the Rome 70 CE and later).

I'm not sure why that makes me a zealot.  :?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson