News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

Afghan infants fed pure opium

Started by Adios, January 24, 2011, 04:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBeast

When I was a Baby, there used to be "Gripe Water" containing opium for sale. You can still buy it, but now it doesn't have opium in it. I remember getting it for my two, and the smell of it took me right back to babyness. 
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

BadBeast

Morphine was originally developed as a preparation to wean people off Opium. Heroin was developed to wean people off Morphine. Now it's popular to wean people off Heroin with Methadone. (A far more addictive drug than Heroin) IMO, Opium is a far more useful medicine than any of the above. The more you fuck around with a natural drug to "isolate"it's properties, the more addictive it seems to become.  (For example, Coca leaves-Cocaine hydrachloride-Crack) 
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

the last yatto

Remember kids first ones ten years are free.
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

the last yatto

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 24, 2011, 10:36:57 PM
Used to rub whiskey with sugar in it on the kids gums when they were teething.

I want to as well but Thetis says modern teething tabs/toys to chew on is better
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Adios

Quote from: Able on January 24, 2011, 11:21:11 PM

I want to as well but Thetis says modern teething tabs/toys to chew on is better

My granny was a lot smarter than Thetis.

BadBeast

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 24, 2011, 11:28:44 PM

My Gran used to rub Brandy on my gums, we followed her example with both our kids, and neither of them are alcoholics yet. Also, Alcohol softens the gum tissue and makes it easier for teeth to push up through.

the last yatto

That comes with age I'm sure, think its just like OMG your giving him booze reaction since her mother drinks like a Templar

The Good Reverend Roger

My granny used to beat us with a big shitty stick anytime we cried.

So we learned to not cry.  And we pushed the old bitch down the stairs.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

Yes.  But there is only so much you can do to stop the pain of hard white things trying to bust through soft fleshy things filled with nerves. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Juana

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 25, 2011, 12:09:04 AM

So we learned to not cry.  And we pushed the old bitch down the stairs.
:lulz:

I'm sure my paternal grandmother gave me something to help me sleep when I was at her house. Dunno what it was, since she's very much into homeopathic remedies, but it sure put me out.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 25, 2011, 12:09:04 AM

So we learned to not cry.  And we pushed the old bitch down the stairs.
Now we have space robots to do that for us.

PAK CHOOIE UNF
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BadBeast on January 24, 2011, 11:35:38 PM

My Gran used to rub Brandy on my gums, we followed her example with both our kids, and neither of them are alcoholics yet. Also, Alcohol softens the gum tissue and makes it easier for teeth to push up through.

Numbs the gums, too.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: BadBeast on January 24, 2011, 10:47:01 PM
Morphine was originally developed as a preparation to wean people off Opium. Heroin was developed to wean people off Morphine. Now it's popular to wean people off Heroin with Methadone. (A far more addictive drug than Heroin) IMO, Opium is a far more useful medicine than any of the above. The more you fuck around with a natural drug to "isolate"it's properties, the more addictive it seems to become.  (For example, Coca leaves-Cocaine hydrachloride-Crack) 

I can verify coca leaves are not addictive at all.  Unless you like horribly bitter and leafy tastes in your mouth.  The only reason anyone would chew that shit is to help them with the altitude, or religion.  It doesn't even make good tea....

LMNO

Also, it's been shown that crack and cocaine are identical; that is, crack isn't "worse" than powder cocaine... they're both equally shitty.

Cain

B-b-b-but cocaine is used by respectable upper middle class people, while crack is dealt in the ghettos.  Clearly crack must be the worse drug!