News:

If you can't abuse it, it's not power.

Main Menu

Afghan infants fed pure opium

Started by Adios, January 24, 2011, 04:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 25, 2011, 01:30:46 PM
Also, it's been shown that crack and cocaine are identical; that is, crack isn't "worse" than powder cocaine... they're both equally shitty.

THIS. 

Except the federal government it taking its sweet time in recognizing this and adjusting the disparity in prison time between possession of the two substances.  What the Obama administration just did was a step in the right direction but it's still a 16:1 ratio. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

BadBeast

That's because Coke is a white college kid's drug, but crack is a black gangbanger's drug.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Slyph

It's almost as if the drug laws are just a flimsy veil on rounding up undesirables.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Slyph on June 20, 2011, 02:16:24 PM
It's almost as if the drug laws are just a flimsy veil on rounding up undesirables.

:lulz: Almost!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BadBeast

The main differencesI think, between US and UK Prisons, is that UK Prisons don't try to punish you while you're in them. Loss of liberty being seen as punishment enough. There is a more regular and steady supply of drugs inside, than there is on the outside, and they are often cheaper too. The amount of weed smoked in one Prison, in one day, far surpasses the amount that could be feasibly smuggled in by visitors, even if they all brought a half oz in, per visitor.
So It's obviously being subsidized and procured by Home Office decree. The last time there was any interference with the distribution chain serving UK Prisons was 1981, and it sparked off a whole series of Prison Riots, some lasting weeks, coincideing with major rioting in one city after another, all summer. After that, (St Pauls, Toxteth,  Brixton, Dartmoor, Horfield, Oxford) it was obviously decided that to interfere with the Criminal/Underworld dynamic to this extent was a big costly mistake. The Constabulary even managed to get one of their own butchered. The unfortunate  Martyr, (PC Keith "Who makes the best bacon?" Blakelock, was hacked to death by half a dozen 13 + 14 year old boys armed with machetes) the likes of whom hasn't been seen since that WPC got her head shot off by a Libyan Cultural Attache from the Libyan Embassy window.

HEROIN AS A POLICING TOOL
People are now getting introduced to Heroin in Prison, then coming out after six months, with raging habits that need to be fed. That can't be good for the public wellbeing, can it?
Or can it?
              The ex-convict with a drug habit is far easier for a Police force to keep track of. They never stray farther away than 5 or six hours from whoever is supplying them with drugs. So if the Police have one dealer under observation, they can keep track on the movements of maybe 50 petty criminals. Any high visibilty, high nuisance factor crime, like burglary, theft, shoplifting, etc will all perpetrated by a small core of these same people, all of whom turn up at a particular place, twice a day, every day, 365 days a year.
The Police don't even need to investigate any further than the nearest likely face . Even if it wasn't them, after 4 or 5 hours of custody, they will start "clucking" and be most conducive to a quick release, and drop the real culprits right into the lap of the Law without a second thought. This makes the Police look as if they are doing far more legwork than they actually do, and provides a regular turnover of grist, so the mills of Justice can be seen to be "working". 

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: BadBeast on June 20, 2011, 10:08:59 PM
The main differencesI think, between US and UK Prisons, is that UK Prisons don't try to punish you while you're in them. Loss of liberty being seen as punishment enough. There is a more regular and steady supply of drugs inside, than there is on the outside, and they are often cheaper too. The amount of weed smoked in one Prison, in one day, far surpasses the amount that could be feasibly smuggled in by visitors, even if they all brought a half oz in, per visitor.
So It's obviously being subsidized and procured by Home Office decree. The last time there was any interference with the distribution chain serving UK Prisons was 1981, and it sparked off a whole series of Prison Riots, some lasting weeks, coincideing with major rioting in one city after another, all summer. After that, (St Pauls, Toxteth,  Brixton, Dartmoor, Horfield, Oxford) it was obviously decided that to interfere with the Criminal/Underworld dynamic to this extent was a big costly mistake. The Constabulary even managed to get one of their own butchered. The unfortunate  Martyr, (PC Keith "Who makes the best bacon?" Blakelock, was hacked to death by half a dozen 13 + 14 year old boys armed with machetes) the likes of whom hasn't been seen since that WPC got her head shot off by a Libyan Cultural Attache from the Libyan Embassy window.

HEROIN AS A POLICING TOOL
People are now getting introduced to Heroin in Prison, then coming out after six months, with raging habits that need to be fed. That can't be good for the public wellbeing, can it?
Or can it?
              The ex-convict with a drug habit is far easier for a Police force to keep track of. They never stray farther away than 5 or six hours from whoever is supplying them with drugs. So if the Police have one dealer under observation, they can keep track on the movements of maybe 50 petty criminals. Any high visibilty, high nuisance factor crime, like burglary, theft, shoplifting, etc will all perpetrated by a small core of these same people, all of whom turn up at a particular place, twice a day, every day, 365 days a year.
The Police don't even need to investigate any further than the nearest likely face . Even if it wasn't them, after 4 or 5 hours of custody, they will start "clucking" and be most conducive to a quick release, and drop the real culprits right into the lap of the Law without a second thought. This makes the Police look as if they are doing far more legwork than they actually do, and provides a regular turnover of grist, so the mills of Justice can be seen to be "working". 

I'm just  :x

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Your Mom on June 20, 2011, 05:59:48 PM

You two have a very unpatriotic view, you know.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 20, 2011, 10:32:36 PM
Quote from: Your Mom on June 20, 2011, 05:59:48 PM

You two have a very unpatriotic view, you know.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."