News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Attn Roger

Started by BadBeast, January 25, 2011, 04:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBeast

*Deep breath* Are you getting Judgemental on me? Just because I use a little recreational Dubstep?  I'm still just as full of rancid anarchic bile as I always was!
It's only Dubstep, it's not like I'm suddenly filled with a sense of "goodwill and fluffy fucking benevolence" for my fellow man!  OK, so it's not exactly Anti-Nowhere League, (who still put any of your Yank Punk in the shade btw!) but it relaxes me. And it's only a little bit,  I can handle it!  So don't you start getting all fucking judgmental on me sunshine! It's not like I've suddenly sealed up my hateshit hole, and gone all reasonable, or started going to Anarchists Anonymous meetings, or Anger Management Counselling or some other dribbling Hippy shit like that! I am every little bit the  seething, toxic stinkhole, that I always was, and I can still belch out a plume of red hot unmitigated rant stench when occasion demands!  You bloody youngsters!  You think you invented belligerence and pugnacity, but I was ranting half housebricks at the fucking man and his legions of greyfaced bone headed bitchboys while you were still taking laundry home to your mother every six weeks!  So if I want to listen to a bit of fucking Dubstep now and again, I fucking will!  And all your "Rantier than thou"  fucking  judgementalistic comments will not change that one little bit! Have you got that? Because I can even  listen to fucking Enya all day long if I want to, and still be able to rant my fucking bile duct up at the drop of a hat, with "Orinoco Flow" on my internal IPod,  and still not even pause for breath!  So with all due respect, you can stick that "sad banana" up your fucking pooh hole, Mr Good fucking Reverend "I am the Lord of the Rant said he" Roger!  And while I was dribbling this spew of a rant, answering your "Man I don't even know you anymore" tripe, some fucker's gone and hidden the thread! Grrrr!    :argh!:  Don't think you can evade my answer using tactics like that young man! This shit is flowing with a life of it's own now, so  it's getting it's own fucking  thread. So there! *exhales*

Right. All calm again. I hope this puts any doubt about my mettle or calibre safely back in the "Poke some life into BadBeast" box. Any points you may like to raise, please feel free to bring up in this thread, and I shall try to address them as frankly and honestly as I can. Thanks for thinking enough of me to place that well aimed boot up my jacksy,
It seems to have hit my rant bone square in the nuts.  Toodle pip, and lots of love, BB.  :evil:
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BadBeast on January 25, 2011, 04:08:19 PM
*Deep breath* Are you getting Judgemental on me? Just because I use a little recreational Dubstep?  I'm still just as full of rancid anarchic bile as I always was!
It's only Dubstep, it's not like I'm suddenly filled with a sense of "goodwill and fluffy fucking benevolence" for my fellow man!  OK, so it's not exactly Anti-Nowhere League, (who still put any of your Yank Punk in the shade btw!) but it relaxes me. And it's only a little bit,  I can handle it!  So don't you start getting all fucking judgmental on me sunshine! It's not like I've suddenly sealed up my hateshit hole, and gone all reasonable, or started going to Anarchists Anonymous meetings, or Anger Management Counselling or some other dribbling Hippy shit like that! I am every little bit the  seething, toxic stinkhole, that I always was, and I can still belch out a plume of red hot unmitigated rant stench when occasion demands!  You bloody youngsters!  You think you invented belligerence and pugnacity, but I was ranting half housebricks at the fucking man and his legions of greyfaced bone headed bitchboys while you were still taking laundry home to your mother every six weeks!  So if I want to listen to a bit of fucking Dubstep now and again, I fucking will!  And all your "Rantier than thou"  fucking  judgementalistic comments will not change that one little bit! Have you got that? Because I can even  listen to fucking Enya all day long if I want to, and still be able to rant my fucking bile duct up at the drop of a hat, with "Orinoco Flow" on my internal IPod,  and still not even pause for breath!  So with all due respect, you can stick that "sad banana" up your fucking pooh hole, Mr Good fucking Reverend "I am the Lord of the Rant said he" Roger!  And while I was dribbling this spew of a rant, answering your "Man I don't even know you anymore" tripe, some fucker's gone and hidden the thread! Grrrr!    :argh!:  Don't think you can evade my answer using tactics like that young man! This shit is flowing with a life of it's own now, so  it's getting it's own fucking  thread. So there! *exhales*

Right. All calm again. I hope this puts any doubt about my mettle or calibre safely back in the "Poke some life into BadBeast" box. Any points you may like to raise, please feel free to bring up in this thread, and I shall try to address them as frankly and honestly as I can. Thanks for thinking enough of me to place that well aimed boot up my jacksy,
It seems to have hit my rant bone square in the nuts.  Toodle pip, and lots of love, BB.  :evil:

I merged the threads, mainly to protect you from your own vile and base musical tastes.  Dubstep is fucking wrong, and should be wiped out.  They used to have a place for people like you, BB.  They used to chain you to the Traitor's Gate and let the tides come in.

But no, this is the gentler, kinder Britain, where they don't make examples of fucking animals like yourself, and thus allow you to spread your heresies.  Rock n roll was pretty fucking cool before you Brits came along and fucked it all up...And if there's a just God in this universe, they'll pick you up for artistic terrorism, and toss you in a hole right next to Yoko Ono.  Old people will snicker, and children will poke you with sticks, between the bars.

Music, REAL music, doesn't require the use of e or meth to be understandable.  Dubstep is not real music.  It's rehashed techno, which itself barely qualifies as "horrible noise".  It should be wiped out, and so should all of its practitioners and listeners, so that the rest of us may be Free™.

Or Kill Me.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

It seems I should be happy that I have never heard any of this type of noise.

BadBeast

So, we fucked up Rock and Roll did we? I admit, we've turned out some pretty lame music, but if it wasn't for bands like Motorhead,  Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, the Rolling Stones or even Elton John,  you'd still be listening to cunts like Axl Rose singing about being a "Cowboy" and  thinking that's OK!  Alright, so you may have been instrumental (geddit?) in  the first days of Rock, but it had to be shipped across the pond, and developed by people like Clapton, Page, Keefy Richards, and Ozzy, and sent back to you before you even came near to getting the hang of it. (And don't even think of blaming us for U2!) And even then, WE were the ones who gave YOU back Jimi Hendrix!
So just because you don't "get" Techno, doesn't mean  it's unworthy! Just because you can't do something, doesn't mean it's no good! Your contribution to the genre didn't get any further than 1978 Disco! (Which the majority of American Men couldn't even dance to, in case anyone thought they were Gay!) So you tried to bluff it out with bands like KISS, or Aerosmith, Spandex clad cock rockers! Who were pale imitations of the real innovators, like Alex Harvey, or Bowie, or Queen! Or Green Day! (The oldest Frat boys on the block) But credit where credit's due, you gave the world Nirvana, (who were good for a while) and The Ramones, but lets face it, all that guitar based Rawk, is pretty played out now. We know it, and deep down, you know it too, or Hip Hop wouldn't be the dynamic Force that it is.  So get with the beat, Baggy, get some Bass, in your face, this is the 21st Century, not fucking Woodstock! And the Old People have always snickered! But we don't care! Children only ever poke with the stick once, before they get the idea, then they either GTFO, or get the down with some proper dance music, proper Parties, and everything that goes with that.
Anyway, another 10 years, and the USA will be getting the "Dance, dance, til you shit your pance" vibe too. Grumble all you like, but you can't stop progress or real innovation!  Or, come to think of it, Dubstep.  

Or kill me right back.

ETA, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRCWFWxJY5o&feature=related
Nirvana as they should have sounded!
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BadBeast on January 25, 2011, 05:18:06 PM
So, we fucked up Rock and Roll did we? I admit, we've turned out some pretty lame music, but if it wasn't for bands like Motorhead,  Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, the Rolling Stones or even Elton John,  you'd still be listening to cunts like Axl Rose singing about being a "Cowboy" and  thinking that's OK!  Alright, so you may have been instrumental (geddit?) in  the first days of Rock, but it had to be shipped across the pond, and developed by people like Clapton, Page, Keefy Richards, and Ozzy, and sent back to you before you even came near to getting the hang of it. (And don't even think of blaming us for U2!) And even then, WE were the ones who gave YOU back Jimi Hendrix!
So just because you don't "get" Techno, doesn't mean  it's unworthy! Just because you can't do something, doesn't mean it's no good! Your contribution to the genre didn't get any further than 1978 Disco! (Which the majority of American Men couldn't even dance to, in case anyone thought they were Gay!) So you tried to bluff it out with bands like KISS, or Aerosmith, Spandex clad cock rockers! Who were pale imitations of the real innovators, like Alex Harvey, or Bowie, or Queen! Or Green Day! (The oldest Frat boys on the block) But credit where credit's due, you gave the world Nirvana, (who were good for a while) and The Ramones, but lets face it, all that guitar based Rawk, is pretty played out now. We know it, and deep down, you know it too, or Hip Hop wouldn't be the dynamic Force that it is.  So get with the beat, Baggy, get some Bass, in your face, this is the 21st Century, not fucking Woodstock! And the Old People have always snickered! But we don't care! Children only ever poke with the stick once, before they get the idea, then they either GTFO, or get the down with some proper dance music, proper Parties, and everything that goes with that.
Anyway, another 10 years, and the USA will be getting the "Dance, dance, til you shit your pance" vibe too. Grumble all you like, but you can't stop progress or real innovation!  Or, come to think of it, Dubstep.  

Or kill me right back.

The fact that you praised Nirvana and slammed Aerosmith demonstrates that you are in fact deranged.  This is possibly due to having to listen to things like Led Zeppelin (or as we like to call them, The British National Yodeling Team), Fine Young Cannibals, and yes, U2.  You are directly responsible for Bono running around all unwashed, because you didn't nuke Ireland when you had the chance.

And dubstep isn't the future, it's a year and a half ago.  That's the problem with England, you know...You import everything from that poison you call "tea", to played out American musical trends.  You haven't done anything original since Captain Swing's day, and that was about 180 years ago.

And as for stopping Dubstep, you see, it's a self-correcting problem.  Given that you have to smoke a pound of meth to enjoy it, your dubsteppers will die off, just like ours did, leaving a half-dozen poseurs trying to run an internet radio station.

And you can take Keith Richards back.  He's been dead since 1972.  You're not fooling anyone.

Or Kill Me First, I Had Dibs.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Adios

Our generation perfected music and yours has twisted it into something that sounds like a screaming cat being dragged across a washboard.
How dare you introduce Hip-Hop into a discussion about music. Go re-medicate yourself.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 25, 2011, 05:42:09 PM
Our generation perfected music and yours has twisted it into something that sounds like a screaming cat being dragged across a washboard.
How dare you introduce Hip-Hop into a discussion about music. Go re-medicate yourself.

Hang on, now.

There's hip hop (Run DMC, The Sugar Hill Gang, Digital Underground), and then there's bad rap and, well, techno (and it's even weaker derivatives, such as "dubstep").

Cramulus

Nirvana good Aerosmith bad.

:milk:

That is all.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 25, 2011, 05:44:00 PM

Hang on, now.

There's hip hop (Run DMC, The Sugar Hill Gang, Digital Underground), and then there's bad rap and, well, techno (and it's even weaker derivatives, such as "dubstep").

They have managed to corrupt even you.

The Third Seal is Broken.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 25, 2011, 05:45:41 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 25, 2011, 05:44:00 PM

Hang on, now.

They have managed to corrupt even you.

The Third Seal is Broken.

If Run DMC, The Sugar Hill Gang, and Digital Underground are corruption, then I was corrupt by 1978.

LMNO

Anything more complex than banging two rocks together is selling out.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on January 25, 2011, 05:44:27 PM
Nirvana good Aerosmith bad.

:milk:

That is all.

"Ah, this new generation.  How tasteless and vulgar it is!"
- Cato the Elder, 150 BCE

Adios

May God have mercy on your soul.

AFK

Can't argue with old school hip hop.  There was some good stuff that came out of the late 80s/early 90s.  I mean, hello, Public Enemy.  Fight the Power.  That was some strong stuff right there. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 25, 2011, 05:48:03 PM
Anything more complex than banging two rocks together is selling out.

BALLS!  It's an industry, just like any other.  And if you can get people to buy your shit, you sell it.  People who talk about "sell outs" are obviously still living off of mommy's tit and daddy's credit card1.

Whether there's any quality to your product is irrelevant.  Meth kiddies need music, too, so we have "dubstep"...And anyone who can get PAID for it, more power to 'em.  Allowing a sucker to keep his money is morally reprehensible.

ETA 1  Unless, of course, you change your style utterly, in an attempt to be a copy of something else that hit.