News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Attn Roger

Started by BadBeast, January 25, 2011, 04:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Ok WTF. I am so glad that I have never run into dubstep. I am however furious that I now know what it is and listened to some of it.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Canis latrans eques on January 26, 2011, 12:52:13 AM
Ok WTF. I am so glad that I have never run into dubstep. I am however furious that I now know what it is and listened to some of it.

:magick:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Canis latrans eques on January 26, 2011, 12:52:13 AM

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 26, 2011, 12:51:21 AM
To be honest, this was all a joke.  Dubstep is just a form of techno.   I don't like it, but I don't have any need to start a jihad.

And I don't feel like joking at the moment.

Remember when our music made old people mad?

Yeah,  that's how I feel too.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

BadBeast

To be honest, this was all a joke.  Dubstep is just a form of techno.   I don't like it, but I don't have any need to start a jihad.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I'm thinking it's probably gone far enough, and Jihad isn't good for anyones serenity,
especially in such a potentially volatile subforum as Apple talk. So I shall give the word "Dubstep" the same defcon rating as that other word, the one that begins with A, and ends in me getting flamed, OK?  But I have enjoyed parts of this thread immensely.  And  I'm happy enough to raise a glass to its demise, as long as we all get our respective swaggas  back,  so cheers Rog,  :cheers: Here's to knowing when enough is enough.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on January 26, 2011, 01:01:05 AM
To be honest, this was all a joke.  Dubstep is just a form of techno.   I don't like it, but I don't have any need to start a jihad.

Remember when our music made old people mad?

Yeah,  that's how I feel too.

Yep.  "STOP PLAYING THAT SHIT!".

Now, it's "WHAT IS THAT SHIT?"

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BadBeast on January 26, 2011, 01:03:37 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean, I'm thinking it's probably gone far enough, and Jihad isn't good for anyones serenity,
especially in such a potentially volatile subforum as Apple talk.

What the hell are you talking about?  This subforum is safe.

Quote from: BadBeast on January 26, 2011, 01:03:37 AM
as long as we all get our respective swaggas  back, 

I feel something coming on.  Might be the swagga, might be gas.  We'll know soon enough.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Right, Badbeast, thanks for setting me back on the straight and narrow.

brb, lol.

BadBeast

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 26, 2011, 01:13:18 AM
Right, Badbeast, thanks for setting me back on the straight and narrow.

brb, lol.
Likewise. for reminding me I still have a rantbone.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Slyph

When I see a couple of kids
And guess he's fucking her and she's
Taking pills or wearing a diaphragm,
I know this is paradise

Everyone old has dreamed of all their lives--
Bonds and gestures pushed to one side
Like an outdated combine harvester,
And everyone young going down the long slide

To happiness, endlessly. I wonder if
Anyone looked at me, forty years back,
And thought, That'll be the life;
No God any more, or sweating in the dark

About hell and that, or having to hide
What you think of the priest. He
And his lot will all go down the long slide
Like free bloody birds. And immediately

Rather than words comes the thought of high windows:
The sun-comprehending glass,
And beyond it, the deep blue air, that shows
Nothing, and is nowhere, and is endless.

Cain

Nu dubstep folk core is where it's really at, nowadays.

Slyph

Actually I'm so fucking phresh I've hit 88mph and started listening to Annette Hanshaw.

Would.

BadBeast

Quote from: Slyph on January 26, 2011, 11:11:30 AM
When I see a couple of kids
And guess he's fucking her and she's
Taking pills or wearing a diaphragm,
I know this is paradise

Everyone old has dreamed of all their lives--
Bonds and gestures pushed to one side
Like an outdated combine harvester,
And everyone young going down the long slide

To happiness, endlessly. I wonder if
Anyone looked at me, forty years back,
And thought, That'll be the life;
No God any more, or sweating in the dark

About hell and that, or having to hide
What you think of the priest. He
And his lot will all go down the long slide
Like free bloody birds. And immediately

Rather than words comes the thought of high windows:
The sun-comprehending glass,
And beyond it, the deep blue air, that shows
Nothing, and is nowhere, and is endless.

Well, fuck my old boots, I can honestly say I've never in my whole puff, even seen a diaphragm, let alone had to bury my sausage in one.
And the only time that condoms ever really came into the game, we only knew them as "Rubber Johnnies", and they cost 50p for 3, from a vending machine in the Pub toilets. Or from the Barbershop. "Something for the weekend, Sir?" he'd say, as he brushed the hair off your collar.   Horrible things. (Condoms, not Barbershops) But that was in the days before everyone under 25 was riddled with 3 types of clap, cooties and crabs. And girls remembered to  take their pills, because if you got pragnent back then, you didn't get a Council House handed to you on a plate, you just got called a slag, and the best you could hope for, if you were a girl,  would be that your father could bully the lad into marrying you. Great.   Ah, those were the days! You could go out with a fiver in your pocket, get as pissed as a newt on cheap cider, catch the last bus home, with a bag of chips, and a packet of fags, and still have enough left over to put a bet on the 2.30 at Haydock the following afternoon. I might be exaggerating a bit now, but not much!   :lulz:

BadBeast

Quote from: Cain on January 26, 2011, 11:24:35 AM
Nu dubstep folk core is where it's really at, nowadays.
Yeah, right. At the Young Farmer's Annual Barndance maybe! Since this thread started, it's all gone ketamine, skunkweed,  Hardstep Krishna Gabba core, or get off my laand!