News:

If you can't abuse it, it's not power.

Main Menu

ATTN: D+D PLAYERS

Started by Lies, January 26, 2011, 01:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lies

Do nevar go to jail. Why? Because courts have deemed it an "illegal gang activity" and don't want you imagining yourself outside of your prison.
Cus you know, roleplayers man, they're just too hard core a bunch for prison.

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2011/01/25/dungeons-dragons-a-threat-to-prison-security/
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Requia ☣

Hmm, I've heard of this case... I had expected the judges to acknowledge that the rule was pointless but say it didn't violate any rights.

Apparently the bar to something being considered dangerous in prison is incredibly low.  If I'm ever in Prison I might just pick up playing bunnies and burrows, just for the hilarity of getting to see somebody say that B&B is a dangerous gang related activity.  :lulz:
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cramulus

FINALLY, VALIDATION

Back in the 1980s in America, D&D was branded with satanism.

And you know what? Honestly, sometimes it was a little satanic! My first D&D experiences "gaming with older kids" involved listening to heavy metal, drinking beer, and becoming an anti-paladin in service to Asmodeus.

Back in those days, if somebody thought you played D&D, they thought you were dangerous. Seriously, when I was in 5th and 6th grade, some kids weren't allowed to hang out with me because I ran a D&D game.

Gamers were BAD ASS back then, motherfucker!

That's what we need. When I tell somebody I play D&D I want them to shit their pants. We need more satanic ritual murder at our tables.

Requia ☣

Reading the ruling, there's a highly amusing side effect to this.  Apparently the judges do agree that playing D&D is constitutionally protected.   :lulz:
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cain

To be fair Cram, 1st edition did use sigils and seals ripped directly from occult texts as the symbols of various demons and gods.  In retrospect, it was fairly obvious what the lunatics would conclude from that...

Don Coyote

Quote from: Cain on January 26, 2011, 04:56:14 PM
To be fair Cram, 1st edition did use sigils and seals ripped directly from occult texts as the symbols of various demons and gods. 
And the Tome of Magic for 3.5 does it again in the Pact Magic section.