News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

So Just Exactly What ARE We Doing, Anyway?

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 26, 2011, 06:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

sorry, I may be wrong about that, I remembered it differently. The point about why I prefer Kopyleft stands though.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on January 27, 2011, 04:36:33 PM
sorry, I may be wrong about that, I remembered it differently. The point about why I prefer Kopyleft stands though.

The idea of this project was to present a framework for helping each other achieve what goals we have.  Much of it was therefore inherently going to be kopyleft, despite the problems that kopyleft presents.  It was supposed to be a place where we could generate tools for each others' use.

It appears that this is an abomination, and an excuse for everyone to dredge up old fights from the year dot.

It was a huge fucking mistake, and I'm sorry I bothered.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 27, 2011, 04:41:07 PM
It appears that this is an abomination, and an excuse for everyone to dredge up old fights from the year dot.

It wasn't and isn't, please carry on.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Quote from: Hoopla on January 27, 2011, 04:42:38 PM

Seconded.

The Good Reverend Roger

I plan to, simply because of how much I've already put into it.

But I can already see what's going to happen, because it's happening already.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 27, 2011, 04:45:01 PM

Then ignore it and carry on. Hell, thus far this thread is actually filling with content, don't let the beat...

drop.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

hooplala

Quote from: Ratatosk on January 27, 2011, 04:48:12 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 27, 2011, 04:45:01 PM

Then ignore it and carry on. Hell, thus far this thread is actually filling with content, don't let the beat...

drop.

Exactly.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

AFK

If nothing else, I think it is helpful for other members of the community to see where everyone is at as far as goals, etc.  So it may be reassuring for anyone here who thought they were doing it wrong. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Richter

I have concluded I have No commitment to Sparkle Motion, no idea where the plot is,  and no ideas or concepts for greater Discordia. 

What I want to accomplish myself is to get a more cynical eye for the bullshit, and figure out more compelling ways of pointing it out, and convincing others, "This is fucked.  Let's un - fuck it."  The ideal is to do this in a constant and contructive (when necessary Destructive) way, without becoming pedantic or loosing sight of when to stop inciting.  I rarely label this as "Discoridan" becasue I see little need to throw the idea or icon of a "religion", "movement", or whatever onto it.  It would detract more than it would add. 

I think about people trying to "get" christianity, zen, satanism, discord, buddha, and they're all just looking to slap on a label, tag the sacrements like they're running bases.  They think they've got something or are empowered by something and it makes me want to yark on their shirt.  I don't want to see faith, converts, wider dispersion, mass agreement, or anything like that.  I want to see people who will think about what they're doing, being open to discussing and improving it. 

The stuff here has been a large part of that.  There are more compeling ideas, concepts, stories, and people than any other joint I've found. 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Xooxe

I'm living in an economically and culturally depressed city that has little will to explore fun beyond sport and drugs. My main goal is instigation.

hooplala

Quote from: Xooxe on January 27, 2011, 07:29:48 PM
I'm living in an economically and culturally depressed city that has little will to explore fun beyond sport and drugs. My main goal is instigation.

You live in Toledo Ohio?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Sister Fracture

Quote from: Hoopla on January 27, 2011, 07:38:45 PM

You live in Toledo Ohio on earth?
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Sister Fracture on January 27, 2011, 07:58:16 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on January 27, 2011, 07:38:45 PM

You live in Toledo Ohio on earth?

:mittens:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

I'm about half way done compiling the goals people made.  I should be able to finish it this weekend, and then move on to the next part.

That was way more work than I expected.    :lulz:

Roaring Biscuit!

I come here (sometimes):

For inspiration, and to be exposed to more weirdness

To learn how to be better at not falling into the same tired old patterns of behaviour that have driven (and ruined) human lives since just about forever, and sometimes I succeed.

Sometimes to explore ideas or have my own critiqued and extrapolated on

Sometimes just for lulz

x

edd