News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

UK proactive on climate change.

Started by Adios, January 29, 2011, 07:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

BUT THE SCIENCE IS REFUTABLE!  DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT IT'S TOO POLITICIZED TO BELIEVE?  DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT THERE'S REALLY NO SUCH THING AS GLOBAL WARMING BECAUSE THE SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY SOMETIMES HAS LUNCH WITH AL GORE????

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE PROPOGANDA!  THOSE FILTHY COMMIE SCIENTISTS ALL WANT US TO GIVE UP OUR GASOLINE AND HATE AMERICA!!!

/the last 2 Bill Maher shows' worth of GOP punditry (I'm talking fucking Congresspeople, here)

Icey

It amazes me that such lack of thought runs rampant our government. I mean, by this point I expect it, but... It's like a sunrise, breathtaking in it's beauty, but with stupidity.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Icey on February 04, 2011, 03:48:33 PM
It amazes me that such lack of thought runs rampant our government. I mean, by this point I expect it, but... It's like a sunrise, breathtaking in it's beauty, but with stupidity.

Human stupidity is the only infinite resource.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Icey

Cain

Quote from: Slyph on January 30, 2011, 03:31:01 PM
Didn't Naomi Klein say (in jest) somewhere that maybe the reason the real elite don't seem to give a shit about Global Warming is because they think they, personally and as a class, will be able to dodge anything nature throws at them?

If this were the case it wouldn't be surprising to see things being done that look token efforts when you consider the scale of the problem, but sensible if your goal is to... protect a privileged few?

Sounds about right.

Also, there is now a "debate" in the UK about including "faddish science" concerning climate change in the national cirriculum.

Jenne

Bill Maher said he's going to stop calling it "Global Warming" because all the deniers are saying the dipshit phrase, "See, it's COLD! Where's your GLOBAL WARMING NOW?"  So now he's calling it "Climate Change."

Triple Zero

:? We've been calling it Climate Change since forever?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

So have I, but I think for people who were aware of the issue in the 80s and 90s, they tended to call it global warming.

The UK seems well on its way to destroying the Humanities, as a subject.  Between this and the Empire bullshit being handed down by Niall Ferguson we're gonna have a little generation of sociopaths running around in 20 years.

Slyph

Quote from: Cain on June 15, 2011, 03:26:09 PM
So have I, but I think for people who were aware of the issue in the 80s and 90s, they tended to call it global warming.

The UK seems well on its way to destroying the Humanities, as a subject.  Between this and the Empire bullshit being handed down by Niall Ferguson we're gonna have a little generation of sociopaths running around in 20 years.

Ohh no, Our kids will figure out soon enough what we did to them when the fucking seas boil

Then they're going to guillotine us.

Prince Glittersnatch III

I just looked up Niall Ferguson, the first thing I found was this quote:

Quote"It's all very well for us to sit here in the west with our high incomes and cushy lives, and say it's immoral to violate the sovereignty of another state. But if the effect of that is to bring people in that country economic and political freedom, to raise their standard of living, to increase their life expectancy, then don't rule it out."

I dont think Ive ever heard someone in greater need of a swift kick to the jaw.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Cain

Quote from: Slyph on June 15, 2011, 06:58:27 PM
Ohh no, Our kids will figure out soon enough what we did to them when the fucking seas boil

Who's "we", white man?

I'm going to teach them the facts - in secret, if I have to.  The fools at Ofsted will never take me alive!

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on June 16, 2011, 03:16:36 AM

Quote"It's all very well for us to sit here in the west with our high incomes and cushy lives, and say it's immoral to violate the sovereignty of another state. But if the effect of that is to bring people in that country economic and political freedom, to raise their standard of living, to increase their life expectancy, then don't rule it out."

He's in charge of our history cirriculum.  He lurves teh British Empire.  And Protestantism.  And Bush.  But mostly himself.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Cain on June 16, 2011, 01:10:03 PM
Quote from: Slyph on June 15, 2011, 06:58:27 PM

Who's "we", white man?

I'm going to teach them the facts - in secret, if I have to.  The fools at Ofsted will never take me alive!

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on June 16, 2011, 03:16:36 AM

He's in charge of our history cirriculum.  He lurves teh British Empire.  And Protestantism.  And Bush.  But mostly himself.

Mother of fuck. And I thought schools were going to shit on our end.

Cain

Since the Tories got in, Michael Gove, the education sec, has launched pretty much all out war on schooling in the UK.  In fact, on that note, I need to post something hilarious in Apple Talk related to our education system.

MMIX

Yeah, apparently the UK is going to be proactive on history change revisionist history.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/may/30/niall-ferguson-school-curriculum-role

QuoteJerry Brotton, professor of Renaissance Studies at the University of London, said he thought Ferguson's working on the history curriculum was "an outrage" and the story of western domination "a misrepresentation of history". Brotton said: "It's an ideology. It is typical of him. It's another revision of empire – getting empire back in by the back door."
[my emphasis]

FFS we haven't even managed to ditch all of it yet  . . .
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber