News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

Pokethulhu

Started by Don Coyote, February 04, 2011, 05:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

QuoteThat is not dead which can eternal lie,
and with strange aeons even death may die!
To bring down our masters on an icy night,
And to claim the power when the stars are right . . .
Derleth! Bloch! Team Eibon!
Stand fast to resist our rage . . .
Or flee to the safety of a new dark age!

Amid the sagging gables of old New England, evil lurks . . . and squirms, and scuttles, and purrs. Grownups are fleeing in terror, hiding behind the Elder Sign.

You're 10 years old. You're our last hope. Armed with a Shining Dodecahedron and the elder incantations to make it work, you capture the monsters and train them to use their power . . . But not for evil. For sport.

You've thrilled to the popular TV show. Now, you can play the game! Is your Shoplifting score good enough to sneak a page from your opponent's Pokénomicon? Is your trained Jigglypolyp powerful enough to defeat a devolved Fungal Cluster? This is the world of Pokéthulhu, and now it's yours to save – or conquer!

http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/pokethulhu.htm

Because for SCIENCE.

I ran this game during lunch hour my senior year of high school. Excellent way to just kill time.

Scytale Anasûrimbor

ok, now i want to see a tv series with all the monsters continually saying their own names  :lulz:

uninspired sig is uninspired

Shatterbrain

Anyone taken a look at Pokemon Tabletop Adventures? Mechanically it's a lot like 4e in that moves work just like Powers (at-will... daily...etc) and it follows a more Gamist tone. I don't particularly like 4e for that reason, but I think that in P:TA it works quite well since, Pokemon is, well, a video game. The classes include a holy avatar of legendary Pokemon that can worship Missingno and get item-duplicating abilities. Each time he uses them, he risks being glitched out of reality forever, treated like he never even existed. If that isn't enough to pique your interest, I don't know what is.
"Whoever stands on the highest mountains laughs at all tragic plays and tragic seriousness." -Friedrich Nietzsche

President Television

Quote from: Scytale Anasûrimbor on February 09, 2011, 07:39:49 AM
ok, now i want to see a tv series with all the monsters continually saying their own names  :lulz:

The voice actors would choke on their own tongues.  :lulz:

Also, this Pokemon: Tabletop Adventures game sounds like it could be fun. I'll look into it.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Kurt Christ

Quote from: Shatterbrain on March 18, 2011, 03:32:25 PM
Anyone taken a look at Pokemon Tabletop Adventures? Mechanically it's a lot like 4e in that moves work just like Powers (at-will... daily...etc) and it follows a more Gamist tone. I don't particularly like 4e for that reason, but I think that in P:TA it works quite well since, Pokemon is, well, a video game. The classes include a holy avatar of legendary Pokemon that can worship Missingno and get item-duplicating abilities. Each time he uses them, he risks being glitched out of reality forever, treated like he never even existed. If that isn't enough to pique your interest, I don't know what is.
I've considered it, but my gaming group has been in shambles since I started college. I need to get a steady group together before I really want to try anything weird out. Plus, I normally play the pulpy, half-comedic adventures and run the horror games, and I'm not sure of anyone but me who would run PTA.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)